Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

JAFO - Just Another Firebird Owner

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually 89 was the first year you could get t-tops with the 350.

Thanks. Anyway, it took time. So if you wanted T-tops, you had to live with the 305.

Now I must admit, I've considered possibly stroking it into 327. Keeps it number matching, perhaps a little head porting. That could be fun. Nothing too radical.

Again, you have to keep it looking original looking and not restored in order to classify it as a survivor. So changes have to be subtle or explainable through normal wear'n'tear or age.

P1010002.jpg

Damn, that is sexy... I'll trade ya! lol

Love those rims too (I'm trying to find a set from mine), original owner, you lucky dog you.... my TA has been around the block a few times. :welcomeFP:

Anywho, welcome fellow 86 TAer!

Damn, that is sexy... I'll trade ya! lol

Love those rims too (I'm trying to find a set from mine), original owner, you lucky dog you.... my TA has been around the block a few times. :lol2:

Anywho, welcome fellow 86 TAer!

Thanks 86_TransAm! About that trade....yeah , right!

My suggestion would be to check out eBay, Craiglist, and salvage yards. You might even pick up a copy of your local auto swapper.

The biggest problem I have with these particular rims is I can't rotate the tires from front to back. The rims have different offsets from front to rear. So you have to break down the tires off the rims to rotate them front to back. Not one of GM's brightest moments. Still a 4th Corvette is worse, each wheel (I"m told) was specific.

So what's your TA got?

The real question I have. Would you trust me to drive the beast?

Do I get to do power shifts and do burnouts in the Vibe in return? :woot:

Thanks 86_TransAm! About that trade....yeah , right!

My suggestion would be to check out eBay, Craiglist, and salvage yards. You might even pick up a copy of your local auto swapper.

The biggest problem I have with these particular rims is I can't rotate the tires from front to back. The rims have different offsets from front to rear. So you have to break down the tires off the rims to rotate them front to back. Not one of GM's brightest moments. Still a 4th Corvette is worse, each wheel (I"m told) was specific.

So what's your TA got?

Do I get to do power shifts and do burnouts in the Vibe in return? :lol2:

My T/A has the stock 305 TPI, red and silver (I really wanter black, but this was all I could find for my price range)... a ton of ghetto mods (previous owner) and has been said, (and I quote) "that is the most Ghetto 3rd gen I've seen in a while."

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/posts/bo...40-post370.html

Right now I'm trying to get her back into shape... fixing the rust and poor work done by the PO... One day she will be orange and have a 350 with a cowl induction hood *drools*... I figure why not, there is no chance this poor car will ever be survivor quality.

DSCF2316.jpg

My T/A has the stock 305 TPI, red and silver (I really wanter black, but this was all I could find for my price range)... a ton of ghetto mods (previous owner) and has been said, (and I quote) "that is the most Ghetto 3rd gen I've seen in a while."

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/posts/bo...40-post370.html

Right now I'm trying to get her back into shape... fixing the rust and poor work done by the PO... One day she will be orange and have a 350 with a cowl induction hood *drools*... I figure why not, there is no chance this poor car will ever be survivor quality.

DSCF2316.jpg

Dude, I can empathize. In spite of one of my heroes, Red Green, duct tape is an automotive accessory. Seems like the PO thought it was an automotive necessity. I would never use to make a fashion statement either. Why the duct tape on the steering wheel? I don't expect you to answer - it is a rethorical question.

Yeah, good luck with re-doing the wiring. What a hack job. You might be better off seeing if YearOne, Hawk's 3rd Gen, or Classis Industries have new cluster/dash wiring harnesses. It might be a lot easier.