Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Another new guy

Hi all this is my first post here. This past January I bought a Pontiac G8 GT and just love the car. I like others think it was a huge mistake for GM to drop the Pontiac brand.

In addition to my G8 I also have two cars that I bought new. A 79 Camaro that as of today has 12k on the clock and has always been garage kept and a 03 Monte Carlo SS with 34k. But I the G8 is the best of the lot. I wanted one from the first time I saw a G8.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

thanks

Got to get some better pics of my G8 yet but here goes. Now that spring is here I’ll find a better background to take some shots of the G8. I live in middle Tennessee but bought the G8 from a dealer in Missouri. Only complaint I have is they mounted a front license plate holder which we don’t require. I know I can have the holes filled and repaint the front bumper but I hate to do that to a new car.

DSC01994.jpg

DSC01991.jpg

DSC01298.jpg

DSC01219.jpg

• Founders

Welcome to FP!!!!!

Amazing a '79 Camaro with only 12k on it!!! (Always been a huge Camaro fan as well as TA)

The G8 GT is amazing, I would definitely love to have on of those beasts! Pics are a must of all 3 cars!!!!!!!! lol.

Any mods done to any of the cars?

EDIT: NICE PICS!!!

I know what you mean about the front license plate holder, I live in Florida (we don't need them but have lived in Utah, Missouri and Massachusetts which do) but the front license plate is just a annoying to look at and serves relatively little purpose when the car is in motion.

:welcomeFP:

Nice rides! I like the g8's as well. they are a quick car and also good for family cars as well. best of both worlds if you have a family if i may say. :PICS:

That's because sedans are just made of that much win.

Welcome to FP!!!!!

Amazing a '79 Camaro with only 12k on it!!! (Always been a huge Camaro fan as well as TA)

The G8 GT is amazing, I would definitely love to have on of those beasts! Pics are a must of all 3 cars!!!!!!!! lol.

Any mods done to any of the cars?

EDIT: NICE PICS!!!

I know what you mean about the front license plate holder, I live in Florida (we don't need them but have lived in Utah, Missouri and Massachusetts which do) but the front license plate is just a annoying to look at and serves relatively little purpose when the car is in motion.

Yea I’ve always been a fan of the F-body cars especially the older ones.

The G8 is quick, I test drove one and I was hooked. So far the G8 is stock but I may want to add a CAI and a tune with a Superchips programmer. I just don’t want to void the warranty.

I love Tenessee. Wanna live in the Gatlinburg area one day. I bet that G8 is a beast through the twisty mountain roads

I like Tennessee too we moved here from Michigan in 06. Last year we went to Pigeon Forge and there are some great driving roads over there. maybe in a month or two we can go back and take the G8.

We have went to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg on vacation like 3 or 4 times and I tore them road up in my dads Yukon XL and even in that heffer they were fun

' date='Apr 20 2010, 10:35 AM' post='21556']

The cars look great.

Is the Monte L36 or L67 powered?

Its L36 I’m not sure but I don’t think the offered supercharged till 04 or 05. I like the Monte Carlo a lot but Chevy should have made it a RWD car. don’t get me wrong for FWD it handles great.

Its L36 I’m not sure but I don’t think the offered supercharged till 04 or 05. I like the Monte Carlo a lot but Chevy should have made it a RWD car. don’t get me wrong for FWD it handles great.

Well, the W-body shortened up handles decently, but the Impala, Grand Prix, and Lacrosse are pigs. Ahoy body roll. Don't even get me started on the V8 FWD nonsense. *shakes fist*

Guest GA_Girl2002

I love Tenessee. Wanna live in the Gatlinburg area one day. I bet that G8 is a beast through the twisty mountain roads

omg, i absolutely LOVE tennessee! gatlinburg is awsome. lol.

& your G8 is awsome!

i want onee.

' date='Apr 20 2010, 10:01 AM' post='21547']

Welcome to the site!

The G8 is one helluva machine, even if it really is just a Holden Commodore. :lol2:

Make progression threads for your cars soon. :)

ChaosweaveR makes me wonder why we can’t design cars like that here?

Not that American cars are bad but I like the aggressive appearance of some of the Holden’s.

We have went to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg on vacation like 3 or 4 times and I tore them road up in my dads Yukon XL and even in that heffer they were fun

Jordan5150 last yr we rented a Chevy Malibu for the weekend just to try out that car. I was surprised at how well it took the curves. I cant wait to take the G8 thru some of those same roads.

The Aussie cars really have a distinct style to them. Both the Commodore and Monaro we got were really nothing like anything else styled by GM.

Me personally, GM should just import Holden itself here, rather than rebadge them as difference brands and model names.

' date='Apr 21 2010, 06:47 AM' post='21702']

The Aussie cars really have a distinct style to them. Both the Commodore and Monaro we got were really nothing like anything else styled by GM.

Me personally, GM should just import Holden itself here, rather than rebadge them as difference brands and model names.

I agree with that 100% there’s no reason GM couldn’t sell the Holden at a Chevy or Buick store as a Holden. I still get a few people that look at the car and figure well it’s a sedan nothing at all special about it until I open the hood. I always get that same “WOW” reaction. I was hooked from the first time I saw a G8. It was a got to have car. We were just in South Carolina to visit my girlfriend’s family. I took her brother in law for a ride in my car and he was impressed. He just bought a Chrysler 300 and had the suspension modified. He told me the G8 handles as well as his 300 after the suspension mods. I didn’t need another car but couldn’t resist buying this one. In time I may have to sell the Monte, I just don’t think I could part with the Camaro after all these yrs. I told my gf I need a t-shirt “No I don’t have too many cars, my garage is too small” (I also have a 92 Town Car for my daily driver). For the time I’ve got my Monte parked in a buddy’s garage he has two 2 car garages and has 3 cars. One car he owns is a 2010 Camaro SS. He let me drive it one day and it’s a nice car and all but I love my G8. Cars for me are an obsession I guess that’s why I come to online forums like this one.

The older W-body Montes are nice, but the power to weight ratio kills them, especially for L36 powered ones. There is potential in the motor, but it's all on how much you want to spend. I know headers alone, because of the transverse setup, run around +$600 alone.

The G8 is certainly more aftermarket friendly though. Although it's not truely an LS2 motor because of the six speed auto and the 4-8 cylinder deactivation, (L76) there is a ton of support, both engine and chassis-wise.