Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Scale Model search

Fellow Pontiac enthusiasts,

I've been trying to find a scale model or die cast version of my '76 Grand Prix. I've looked at many hobby stores and made numerous internet searches, but have found nothing. I'm not even sure if one exists. Anyone have any suggestions?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I have, but not recently. It just seems like '73-'77 Grand Prix's are in some type of scale model black hole. Not much out there. Oh well, the search continues....

Well, after expanding my search criteria to cover the '73-'77 time frame, it looks like Lindberg produced 2 different "Snap Fit" 1/32 scale models for a '75 Grand Prix, Kit # 366 and #2113. Not exactly what I'm looking for ('75's only had 2 headlights, '76 has 4), but it's probably the closest I'm going to find. And there is an auction currently in progress on ebay for one. I just need to determine how much I'm willing to spend for something that's not exactly what I want. 

FYI Justa, not sure if you're as picky as I am about this kinda stuff, but I ran across a Lindberg Kit # 376 online, which is a '77 Buick Skyhawk, but as far as body styles it looks kinda sorta maybe possibly very similar to your '80 Sunbird??

The Buick and Vega models were the only ones made for GM's H body.  Completely different front fascia.  Lotta work to trans form into a Pontiac.  

Check out the the bottom of the link below. You might try to get in touch with the guy making the resin body of a 1976 Grand Prix... maybe he made a mold!

http://www.randyayersmodeling.com/modelingforum/viewtopic.php?p=692250&sid=cd533138106b16f0b69bf3fdc2c5d737