Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

WHY ARE YOU YELLING???

:lol2::cheers: everything back to normal or does it take a day or two?

Well it's running normal although I still have the SES light on... Ill have to keep a close eye and baby it for a while just to be sure that I don't have a blown headgasket... I'm in the clear so far though...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY ARE YOU YELLING???

:lol2::cheers: everything back to normal or does it take a day or two?

cuz Im happy for him! :lol2:

• Founders

Thanks so much guys for helping me get through this.... I would list names but I don't wanna screw up and forget anyone, and besides I fell like everyone pitched in... Man I love FP and G6P!!! I was blown away that some even went above and beyond and took the time to call and keep in touch via text to help out... thanks again!!!

awwwwww... You're welcome!!! :cheers:

Even though I gave relatively no advice

awwwwww... You're welcome!!! :lol2:

Even though I gave relatively no advice

Well technically you DID help... you created THIS forum.... so thanks for that!

I also shot a craptastic iPhone vid and uploaded to youtube... I shot it to give Ryan a look at the smoke I was talking about and you couldnt even see the smoke in the vid... :cheers:

Had to bring this over here, cmessick on G6P posted this in one of the million "my g6 just got wreck/totalled/destroyed" threads on there right now:

"1badg6gt thought he had a jesus car.."

i lul'd.

Had to bring this over here, cmessick on G6P posted this in one of the million "my g6 just got wreck/totalled/destroyed" threads on there right now:

"1badg6gt thought he had a jesus car.."

i lul'd.

:cheers: I saw that!!! :lol2:

I'd imagine something that's stuck on from when he tried to roll through the water, or from when he was cranking it with no plugs. But, of course, always get it checked.

get the code and i'll have one of the techs looki it up for you.

I guess I'll never know it wasn't on this morning.... but I'll get the compression checked... could I do this on my own?

I have an app for my iphone that looks up DTC codes, im sure its prob a MAF related code, the MAF sensor tends to freak out when theres water on it. Easy thing to do is get some maf cleaner and make sure its clean, you never know what kinda nasty dirty water was in there.

As for the compression test the reason you do that is to ensure that everything is nice and sealed up in there. If you do a compression check and all the cylinders are close to each other. For instance a few years back I did a test on my 2002 cav with the 2.2 ecotec engine and about 100k miles it was 209-210-183-208. This would indicate that #3 which typically burns the hottest on that particular engine is wearing more than the others, possible causes would be a bad ring or future head gasket issue.

Usually what you do is pull the fuel pump fuse, and then remove the spark plug in cylinder #1 and screw in the tester and then crank the engine and look at the guage on the compression tester (which isnt more than 20 bucks you can prob even rent it for free). I find it helps to have a friend crank the car or read the guage that way your not running back and forth.

Sorry to sound like a noob once again, but I will have to do this to every cylinder right? meaning pull out the SP out of everyone one by one till I do all 6 right not just #1???

yes and then you match up the numbers if one is significantly lower than the others then you know you have a problem, usally by more than 30% or so is the key.

Like say 160-92-154-161-157-155

in this circumstaince you know theres an issue with cylinder #2

you can prob find some good how to articles out there on how to do the test and what to look for

so you take it for a power drive yet? lose any? if not, and your coolant stays good, i wouldnt worry about the compression test

oh and you're welcome for the advice. nice to be recognized for your knowledge :lol2: