Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's confirmed I did have water in the oil about 2 1/2 quarts....I drained all the oil and refilled... I took out ALL the spark plugs but I need to get a hold of battery charger to attempt to crank over... as of now it only clicks... I hope it isn't siezed!!! The wierd message warning still appears in the DIC... "charger parked" anyone know what this means???

Sorry tupp... I couldn't rec any vids cause I didn't have any help...

lol its ok noob questions only lead to someone learning alot!

to turn your engine by hand, you must gain access to your crank pulley. usually there is a plug in the plastic shroud on the inside of your wheel well. you may need to remove the wheel, but you might be able to simply turn it to lock.

once you remove the plug, you can use an extension and socket to turn the crank pulley. turn it to the right so you dont accidently loosen your crank pulley bolt. more than likely you wont, but its possible especially if your engine is locked! if it doesn't turn, you most likely have catastrophic engine failure.

as for the DTC code, try leaving the battery unplugged for 30 seconds. i'm not knowlegable about these models specifically, but there may be some sort of sensor to keep you from starting it, as to not further damage anything. of course make sure there is no water left in your engine or your electricals!!

to turn your engine by hand, you must gain access to your crank pulley. usually there is a plug in the plastic shroud on the inside of your wheel well. you may need to remove the wheel, but you might be able to simply turn it to lock.

once you remove the plug, you can use an extension and socket to turn the crank pulley. turn it to the right so you dont accidently loosen your crank pulley bolt. more than likely you wont, but its possible especially if your engine is locked! if it doesn't turn, you most likely have catastrophic engine failure.

as for the DTC code, try leaving the battery unplugged for 30 seconds. i'm not knowlegable about these models specifically, but there may be some sort of sensor to keep you from starting it, as to not further damage anything. of course make sure there is no water left in your engine or your electricals!!

:willy_nilly:

this happened to the douche bag that bought my 2nd gen eclipse. sucked up water through the intake but he had at least 2 gallons which completely seized up the motor. .5 to 1 gallon alone just sitting in the intake. it was crazy. i do wish you luck man but make sure to check the intake manifold or plenum or whatever it is in your car to see if their is still water in there. you don't want to suck up more water and rust the motor shut.

good luck.

I got this a bit too late but thanks Kaymo...

I hope this is a sign of life for my 6... I hooked up a batt charger to it and with the plugs off I crank it and water flew everywhere... I did this 3 times not long just short burst it only blew water the first 2 times, it didn't blow anything on the third time.

Someone please tell me this is a step in the right direction! I went to Wally world to buy a small shop vac to suck any remaining water from the chambers with a straw. When I got home it was too dark to do anything else sobthe vacuming will have to be done when I get off of work today...

hey, if it threw the water OUT and turned over and didnt sound like HELL then you are definately in the right direction!

you probably wont get any more water out with the shop vac, but i would spray decent amounts of starting fluid in each spark plug hole and let sit to help evaporate any leftover water.

then (PLUGS OUT) turn the engine over again with the starter, pushing any starter fluid not evaporated. then install your plugs, and attempt to start WITH THE NEW OIL. if it runs and doesnt sound like grinding or like a stroker or missing on a cyl, then let it run to warm up temp, then cut it off and check the oil. if there is still noticable water in the oil, id let it cool, run to warm up once more, then drain WHILE STILL HOT.

if there isnt noticeable water in the oil, i would drive for about 10 miles and check again. if noticeable, change it again. if not, go for about 50 and check again. if noticeable, change again. if not, take it to 100. see where im going with this?

i would repeat that process, but DEFINITELY change again at 500 miles, no question. and dont bother to change the oil more than 3-5 times unless its STILL VERY NOTICEABLE, which it really shouldnt be by that time.

if you do that, you shouldn't have any oil-water issues. good luck, and i hope your engine is all good! crossin my fingers!!

PM me if you'd like my number, i dont mind giving over the phone advice.

Read and finally caught up!

Would this be a pretty good time to add some sea foam to the engine oil and help recondition any seals or anything for that matter that might be damaged, even slightly, by the water????? just a thought, and maybe some seafoam to the intake, too!

Thanks Kaymo...

1271268306.jpg

NOT WHAT YOU WANNA SEE WHEN YOU DO AN OIL CHANGE!!!

1271268437-1.jpg

1271268282-1.jpg

This is where it all happened.... I was to bumbed out to take pics the day of, so these are to give you an idea...

you guys in cali? how far away from san fransisco? i could use some help tracking down a fat retarded chinese asshole....

IT LIVES!!!! IT LIVES!!!! sorry now what???

Kaymo... Im like 5hrs away... I think the closest is Bambamm... oh and you got PM...

Ryan hit me up!!!!

possible update... i just talked to him and he says that the oil is "milky"

That is a bad word because that is used to describe oil when it is mixing with coolent. mixing with coolent can mean that you have a blown headgasket.

When you drain it does it look like this???? THAT IS BAD!!!

20106d1251772497-oh-horror-milky-white-gear-oil-img_1673_edited-1.jpg

possible update... i just talked to him and he says that the oil is "milky"

That is a bad word because that is used to describe oil when it is mixing with coolent. mixing with coolent can mean that you have a blown headgasket.

When you drain it does it look like this???? THAT IS BAD!!!

20106d1251772497-oh-horror-milky-white-gear-oil-img_1673_edited-1.jpg

Not to be an ass, this reminds me of the idiot that tried to clean out his motor with a hose because his oil was soo nasty lol

But anyways ya that is not a good looking oil. Hopefully the motor isn't locked.

just talked to him. he's looking good. and he's a LUCKY one! sounds like he didnt actually hurt anything!

sam, i totally remember that. wasnt it like a four cyl mustang or something?

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!

The six looks like it gonna live to see another flood... replaced fender intake with shorty...

Ryan for some reason the oil on the dipstick looked THAT color but I drained the oil and here's what it looked like.... NOT milky whatsoever... temp maintains @ operating level...

1271292194.jpg

1271292238.jpg

^^^ :cheers:

Ryan... so far so good!

1 down 1 to go... the ricetasticPoS Suzuki looks like it blew a transmission seal....

Thanks so much guys for helping me get through this.... I would list names but I don't wanna screw up and forget anyone, and besides I fell like everyone pitched in... Man I love FP and G6P!!! I was blown away that some even went above and beyond and took the time to call and keep in touch via text to help out... thanks again!!!

I just came across this thread. I'm very happy that everything worked out for you. I see this all the time on my 4wd forums and I'm glad you got top notch advice from the members here. Reading through this thread you'd think a lot of people had hydro-locked 4x4's doing dumb shit as I have. The level of knowledge was very impressive. Kudos FP members. :cheers: