Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Shakercars's 1972 Trans Am

2019 August
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Sign in to follow this  
Mariachi

Real Definition for the Term "Ricer"

felt like sharing this cuz a lot of us on here are actually considered ricers as well.

"It seems to me that everyone has a different opinion on what it means to be rice. But is there a definition that everyone agrees on???

Well, according to the guy who invented teh modern version of the term (and the website everyone copied, riceboypage.com), it's someone who makes a slow car look liek a race car with either fake parts, improperly installed parts, or just stickers for parts they don't have. Or teh wrong badging, trying to look like a faster example of a car. THEN (and this is most important) they have the attitude that their fake race car is faster than anything else.

Customizing isn't ricing. '40s, 50's and '60s customs are not rice, even though the vast majority of mods are purely cosmetic. They aren't trying to look like race cars (ricer isn't just an indication of asian cars or asian drivers, but a spinoff of the word "racer.") So custom modern cars that aren't trying to look like race cars aren't necessarily rice, even if built from commonly riced cars.

Rice is also not a fast car that actually HAS the parts the stickers say. Basically, if it can "back up" the race look with real performance, it's not rice, even if you think it's tacky looking. Rice is, after all, about fake performance and the attitude that a slow car is actually faster than everything else.

It was indeed a racial term, made up by a Korean to put down the wannabe poseurs in the "AzYn PrYd" community. Riceboy and Ricer as terms for car enthusaists, came fom that website and his message board regulars back in the early '90s (which I was a member of), and it had it's derivations from the older "rice rockets" term given by bikers for the japanese sport bikes (which were also often racer replicas). "

http://www.riceboypage.com/index.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is another consensus of the term "ricer" from the Urban Dictionary:

"(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder

- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747

- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool

- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself

- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire

- Clear tail lights and corner signals

- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)

- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now im not calling anyone a ricer but actually am calling myself a ricer. lol. basically a ricer is a slow car that is trying to look, "fast" from what i got out of all of this. kind of strange how the term has grown in definitions.

I be everyone forgot what "Faggots" actually stood for. The real meaning is "Bundle of Sticks". people in the early years when cigarettes first came out used to call a cigarette box a Faggot when they purchased cigarettes from the store. Then the meaning of "Faggots" grew the same way "Ricer" did.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

wow, lots of stuff.

ooooohhhh i gots more about rice... they have this too

excuse-gauge.jpg

oh and is a pile of sticks symbolic for a pile of "wood"shared between men? meh? i think that is how the evloution of "fag" happened. people call boners "Wood" and when you get um... 2 or more with no VaJJ then it is a pile of sticks/wood... thus creating fag...

I R Creative ths mrng!

hahaha

(sorry i am slap happy tired)

ooooohhhh i gots more about rice... they have this too

excuse-gauge.jpg

oh and is a pile of sticks symbolic for a pile of "wood"shared between men? meh? i think that is how the evloution of "fag" happened. people call boners "Wood" and when you get um... 2 or more with no VaJJ then it is a pile of sticks/wood... thus creating fag...

I R Creative ths mrng!

hahaha

(sorry i am slap happy tired)

I LOL'D!! :lol2:

painting your calipers- not rice

painting your drums- RICE

painting your valve cover- not rice

painting every plastic cap, cover, and washer bottle- rice

putting a factory wing on your car- not rice

putting an aluminum wing on your car that doesnt exceed 100 mph- rice

putting a wing on the FRONT of your car- RICE

putting company stickers on your car of parts you have installed- not rice

putting any performance part sticker you can find on your car- RICE

putting a free flowing exhaust on your car- not rice

putting a 0-backpressure exhaust on your car- rice + retarded

putting a short shifter in your car- not rice

putting a glowing shifter in your car- rice

putting a glowing shifter in your automatic- rice + retarded

shifting your auto transmission manually- just plain retarded

adding a front air dam to direct air around the front of the car- not rice

adding a front splitter to air dam- not rice

putting any sort of body kit with large gaping holes- rice

putting any body kit with 6 inch rally light holes that ISNT an evo- RICE

putting any sort of non-functioning scoop on your car- rice

putting any sort of glowing underbody lights- should get you shot

even with kaymo's post, im still rice! lmao

lol do you shift your auto? ive been considering putting my hurst promatic 2 ratchet shifter in the sunbird :)

lol do you shift your auto? ive been considering putting my hurst promatic 2 ratchet shifter in the sunbird :)

actually, when i took it to the track to run it, i did. lol. thats the only way i could get closer to redline to finish off the power band. lol. i really hate auto... i really do.

I've always considered rice to be gaudy, horrible looking, slow, mostly ebay parts, cars with doucebag drivers.

Like last night, we all were heading to one of the hagout spots, and this kid who had turned a 96-00 civic si into a primered pile of hammered dog shit comes ripping by us. He was in VTAK the whole time, then parked right next to me after we arrived. He then proceeded to talk shit on every V8 car that drove by, ugh.

Wait a minute my drums are painted--Black so they are not South Western Ontario red.

This must have come up after I comment on the wash pics. I believe that Eclipse is VERY much rice. There is NO reason to have that big ass rear diffuser that sticks out about 8" from the back on that car, it serves no purpose.

I believe when I see rice, it is a car that you can look at and go WTF was he thinking? like if there is primer all over the car, if the bumpers are not the same color as the car, if there are autozone items that are made from plastic stuck to the outside of it.

Chrome altezza tails.

I believe when I see rice, it is a car that you can look at and go WTF was he thinking? like if there is primer all over the car, if the bumpers are not the same color as the car, if there are autozone items that are made from plastic stuck to the outside of it.

I'd have to agree with an overall statement between Marks and what MTZ posted. I believe a Ricer is somebody that has a very nicely done car yet it is still very slow yet he/she (don't forget there are some girl ricers) boosts around like its God's gift to cars and gives false stats. Then when they finally race and gets beat they don't claim it was a good race they go and make up excuses. Then I also think there is Ricer that is a horrible looking car like Mark said.

I don't really consider anyone on here a Ricer because we all know the capabilities of our cars and don't go around saying "Oh I'll destroy you!!!", nor does anyone on here have a horrible looking car. Everything is done tastefully those not Rice.

Rice should only be allowed in Chinese restaurants, not on the streets.

mark, ill go ahead and state my opinions and facts about the eclipse.

now me and ken (eclipse owner) both do not like the back bumper of the car. (opinion) but, he did get it from carbon creations practically for free. (fact). I mean, the thing about his car i think is nice is the fact that its all painted, custom sound system, and he is going for that "import" show car look. you do not know how many 3g's their are her in phx that are white with black bumpers. not to bag on some of my friends on this site but desertdiamondsaz.com is where they all reside. my friend ken was on that site and left bcuz of the retarted things some of them do.

i personally do not like the 3g's and hate the bomex kits. but for free, hell... just paint the kit and add it on until you can afford to get what you want. im not agreeing with you mark but am also agreeing in some aspects. its like me not liking grand ams. i really do not like them but am not going to bash on the owners that are actually doing a good job on their rides. i respect good work but don't respect crappy work.

This is what i consider rice:

img1386e.jpg

img1385w.jpg

I thought this kind of fit the converstaion...

MustangvsTuner.jpg

OMG. That Eclipse s worse than the other one. However, even if the bumper was practically free for your buddy, why did he put it on if he doesn't like it either? Why not keep it stock looking for a bit longer and sell the rear bumper?

This is the only Eclipse from that gen I like.

2013_f.jpg

I thought this kind of fit the converstaion...

MustangvsTuner.jpg

when i first saw this way back when...thought is was so funny. but now, imo feel like not all of it is true or crosses over to the other.

OMG. That Eclipse s worse than the other one. However, even if the bumper was practically free for your buddy, why did he put it on if he doesn't like it either? Why not keep it stock looking for a bit longer and sell the rear bumper?

This is the only Eclipse from that gen I like.

2013_f.jpg

well he wanted a body kit so that he can start taking it to car shows to win awards. the front bumper isn't as bad as the back imo but he has pretty much done a good job on the car.

yeah that white and black eclipse is here in town and just is plain old rancid. the guy that owns the car is just another punk kid that thinks he is a big shot with that crappy lookin eclipse.

i like the 2nd gen better but wouldn't mind a 1st gen just to build a race car.

esp since its a mustang...ummmm they are not all go... they make loud noises tho

esp since its a mustang...ummmm they are not all go... they make loud noises tho

For you and Ghost, it wasn't the actual 2 cars in the pic I was referring to, more the list below the 2 pics. As an example, it could just as well be a Ford Focus vs a Trans Am WS6, or a Civic vs a well built GTP....the list is endless. The point was stickers and bling vs real performance mods.

For you and Ghost, it wasn't the actual 2 cars in the pic I was referring to, more the list below the 2 pics. As an example, it could just as well be a Ford Focus vs a Trans Am WS6, or a Civic vs a well built GTP....the list is endless. The point was stickers and bling vs real performance mods.

:agreed: and wow...I'm a slightly rice!!! :lol2:

Whats rice, oh theres a long list

Narrowband Air Fuel guages, completely worthless

Strobe lights

Corvette Gran Sport stripes on a non corvette

These jackasses with black cars that spray paint the stock wheels black, looks like SHIT

Underbody Neons, nobody even uses these anymore

Fake chrome plastic intakes

Stupid pleather shifter knobs

Wiper LEDs

Anything Lanzar, Pyle, Pyramid, Boss, Cerwin Vega, Sony when it comes to car audio

Spinner Rims

Wheels too big for the car like these stupid asses in the Ghetto with 24s on beat ass Monte Carlos

People who buy the base model for a particular car then put on aftermarket wheels while maintaining 6 inches of wheel gap

Roof Scoops

Fake hood scoops

Of course the aluminum wings

Carbon Fiber Hoods on a car that isnt black

ANNNND the #1 most tasteless eyesore on the roads today.......

These stupid asses with vw and hondas rusting hoods and various other parts of the car. I mean these pieces of junk rust just fine on their own, why promote the process?

Ricer I am...

I should really go all out now....

hmmmm.... i should get some sweet NAWZ stickers

Oh shit son!!!

WHARE IZ THA VETAK STIKAZ@!?@#@!$%>@

Calm down Tuppz...