Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Car and Driver: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0T Driven: Four-cylinder power hasn’t spoiled the new Camaro

FeedBot

2016-Chevrolet-Camaro-RS-PLACEMENT
-There hasn’t been a four-cylinder in a Chevrolet Camaro since the third-generation car’s “Iron Duke” 2.5-liter in the 1980s. That lump made only about 90 horsepower, so traditionalist Detroit-muscle fans have spent the intervening decades pretending it never happened. But times have changed—witness Ford fitting its 2.3-liter EcoBoost four under the hood of the latest Mustang—and we’ve just had our first experience at the wheel of a 2016 Camaro powered by GM’s turbocharged 2.0-liter four-banger. With three times the Iron Duke’s output, it promises to wash that sour taste out of our mouths when we say “four-cylinder Camaro.” READ MORE ››

-yZizsT5GvMw

Read Full Article

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

The people buying it have been gulled for so long, they wouldn't know what to do with the numbers if they did have them.All they understand is 'it looks cool'.  My neighbour has a single tailpipe on his mustang ... and I never let him forget it.

• Founders
36 minutes ago, Professur said:

The people buying it have been gulled for so long, they wouldn't know what to do with the numbers if they did have them.All they understand is 'it looks cool'.  My neighbour has a single tailpipe on his mustang ... and I never let him forget it.

Yup. Why I am glad my gen Camaro is getting older. Only people who own them now really like the car for what it is.

• Founders
1 hour ago, gandhi_2006 said:

imho these auto manufacturers are really screwed up. They are destroying the muscle name

Four cyl have existed previously but it killed it. You would think they would learn. A muscle car isn't about saving gas :lol: 

2 hours ago, gandhi_2006 said:

imho these auto manufacturers are really screwed up. They are destroying the muscle name

No ... car buyers did. Manufacturers only build what sells.

The Camaro and Mustang are global products now, most countries tax owners on the displacement of the engine.

GM's 2.0T has been around for awhile, and they can make decent power. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

I think it's rad, it's different. There's no more Solstice-like roadster in GM's lineup anyway, plus the aftermarket will swarm that 2.0T.

I understand they have been around a long time, and I definitely know they can pack a really big punch, but for some reason it pains me to see a 4 banger in a "muscle" car.

don't get me wrong they have their place but I can't see it in these cars.

Just now, gandhi_2006 said:

I understand they have been around a long time, and I definitely know they can pack a really big punch, but for some reason it pains me to see a 4 banger in a "muscle" car.

don't get me wrong they have their place but I can't see it in these cars.

The Camaro is a pony car though.

And even then, so? Times change, can't always cling to the past.

• Founders
11 hours ago, [ChaosweaveR] said:

And even then, so? Times change, can't always cling to the past.

Change is hard, I won't deny it. I just don't see a 4 banger being part of a Camaro. Granted it weighs a lot less now but I feel like ~200hp ain't going to cut it.

No ... neither the Camaro, the Charger nor the Mustang are pony cars. A pony car is a small, compact car with a massive engine. Both the Charger and Mustang are the length and width of my Parisienne. Same weight too. I park between them all summer here at work.  A turbo 4 banger in a Camaro is ... American Rice. This shit is brought to you by the same retreds that slapped a Sport sticker on the back of a effin' minivan. The Marketing dept.

Calling the Camaro 4 banger a muscle car is the same as calling all Tempests GTOs or all Cutlass 442s.

Edited by Professur
  • Like 1

No need to be salty.

I never even mentioned the 2.0T Camaro as a muscle car, the 2.0T has already shown potential with the aftermarket. I'd love to see what it'll do with some good supporting mods and crank the boost up.

Ford's EcoBoost 2.3T has already shown it can be a freakin powerhouse, there's nothing rice about a turbo four, holding certain models to only have certain engines is just foolish at the end of the day.

Kudos on GM on actually trying a different formula instead on being behind on everything like they usually do.