Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Car and Driver: There is a 50th Anniversary Edition Chevrolet Camaro Because the Camaro Is Now 50 Years Old

FeedBot

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 50th Anniversary Edition

-

We don’t know anything at this moment besides this: Chevrolet will build and sell a 2017 model-year Camaro 50th Anniversary Edition. It said as much in a tweet pitched into the webbernet-osphere this morning with essentially no details attached. This makes sense—the car, not the lack of information—since Chevrolet first tossed the Camaro at the American public in 1967, shoving the two-door pony car into direct battle with the Ford Mustang. Of course, Ford had by then been selling the Mustang for over two years, generating a sales buoyancy that would hold for some time, leaving the upstart Camaro behind in the sales charts but not out of the rivalry, which would later turn red-hot in Trans Am showdowns and an escalating horsepower war.
-

-
--
-

All of this is to say that the Camaro might have been birthed into this world staring at the Mustang’s taillights, but it has long established its place among America’s greatest and longest-running nameplates. The 50th Anniversary Edition will celebrate that fact, and based on Chevrolet’s tweet, it will at least come in V-8–powered SS form, with some special-appearing hood stripes and grille trim. We’ve reached out to Chevrolet for more information, and we will update you as we learn more. In the meantime, get ready for what’s sure to be a heady celebration—at the end of its tweet, Chevy promises that the special-edition Camaro “is just the beginning.”

-

A celebration 50 years in the making? The 2017 50th Anniversary Special Edition #Camaro is just the beginning! pic.twitter.com/LXFCDslpY4

-

— Chevrolet (@chevrolet) March 4, 2016

-

-o1NEKf1Gw7Q

Read Full Article

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I wonder if it will be over priced like every other special edition Camaro GM's released lately? Z/28, 1LE, ZL-1, etc?

Ringo - you feeling old or you need a new car?

• Founders
I wonder if it will be over priced like every other special edition Camaro GM's released lately? Z/28, 1LE, ZL-1, etc?

Maybe both[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, Ringo64 said:

Maybe bothemoji38.png

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How well I understand that feeling !!!!

I have not bought a brand new vehicle since 2003. It was 2003 Chevy S10 Blazer 4-dr 4WD.