Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Chaos in Florida?

Well, there's a good possibility of that happening. I miss being a mechanic (not just helping a few friends and family) and ever since leaving Autozone, as sucky as a job it was, there's like a void in my life since I don't work in anything automotive related anymore. (I work maintainence in a hospital now)

But I've been thinking about it for the past two weeks now, and with my g/f pushing me to get off my ass and do it, I'm gonna do UTI in Orlando. I've already called and talked to admissions, I just have to put down $100 for my seat, and I'll be attending in Feb, 2011. And more than likely, after school is done, I'll be there for good. This is my ticket to get the hell outta LI finally. I guess I'll still be the Northeast Mod though. :bowdown:

Thoughts?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, you'll like Florida, no front license plates, no emissions checks, no snow, and as long as you stay away from the coasts, no salt! Don't forget to bring your swim trunks and sunglasses. :bowdown:

Oh, you'll like Florida, no front license plates, no emissions checks, no snow, and as long as you stay away from the coasts, no salt! Don't forget to bring your swim trunks and sunglasses. :bowdown:

And make sure your ac works well :cheers:

And make sure your ac works well :P

And Lord help you if you don't have tint, you'll end up looking like this... :bowdown:

My Trans AM has neither. :cheers:

Chris, Why FL? theres a UTI in Philly. you can join the PA guys haha

When I was in BOCES during HS, UTI associates came to my school every year (I was there for three years, did both Auto Tech and Auto Body) and pretty much I've been in the UTI's list for all campuses. Orlando contacted me, and my g/f knows TONS of people there, friends and family. Not to mention, I am SO done with winter. :lol2:

• Founders

Sounds like a win my friend if you can afford it! Only thing I have to say about Orlando is get ready for a combination of big city and hicks! :P It's honestly the funniest thing ever. Other than that Orlando is pretty nice. Florida is great, I don't have to worry about doing anything winter to my car! :woot:

Orlando is in the middle of the state too so that's really good, I have to drive 6 hours to get out of the state :lol2: Orlando is about 3 hours 30 min away from me, faster or slower depending on traffic. I've actually seen the UTI school its pretty nice. When I was looking at colleges, I went to Full Sail to see if I wanted to do that and if my memory serves me correctly UTI is somewhere around it.

Good luck man! As well as you could possibly become the Southeast moderator if your down here for good.

Congrats man good luck! :lol2:

looks like youll be a Rays fan now. :P

Congrats man good luck! :lol2:

looks like youll be a Rays fan now. :woot:

Hey now, be nice. He could always be a Marlins fan. :P

And Tampa is less the 2 hours from Orlando.

The fact that it won't snow is good enough for me. And the spanish folks? :lol2: I live in an area with A LOT of 'em, I'm used to the bilingual stuff already. Go look up the documentary, "Farmingville", about the illegal immigrants. That town is not even three miles from my neighborhood. Snakes? I want one for a pet. :lol2:

With my old job at Autozone, I delt with it constantly. I have no sympathy for that. The main language in our country is English. Always has been. Back in the early '10's and '20's, when we got the mass influx of immigrants from all over Europe and everywhere else, they would learn basic English before becoming a citizen, along with numerous other things. Now? Pfft, our own government won't do anything with the spanish folks. Why? Cheap labor. And everybody knows it. I see it like this, you want to live in our wonderful country? Make an effort to become a citizen like the rest of us. Acquire a SS number, and pay taxes like the rest of us. But no, they won't learn the lanuage, won't assimilate into the norm, and they'll take offense when they walk into a store and nobody speaks spanish. I'm sorry, but that's just plain ignorance.

Damn, end rant.

' date='Apr 7 2010, 12:02 AM' post='20158']

With my old job at Autozone, I delt with it constantly. I have no sympathy for that. The main language in our country is English. Always has been. Back in the early '10's and '20's, when we got the mass influx of immigrants from all over Europe and everywhere else, they would learn basic English before becoming a citizen, along with numerous other things. Now? Pfft, our own government won't do anything with the spanish folks. Why? Cheap labor. And everybody knows it. I see it like this, you want to live in our wonderful country? Make an effort to become a citizen like the rest of us. Acquire a SS number, and pay taxes like the rest of us. But no, they won't learn the lanuage, won't assimilate into the norm, and they'll take offense when they walk into a store and nobody speaks spanish. I'm sorry, but that's just plain ignorance.

Damn, end rant.

Even worse, they are now bending to their will. Practically everything is now bi-lingual. Packaging, signs, you name it. It pisses me off.

If I went to live in another country I would make it a priority to learn the language, at least enough to get by. Not expect them to make adjustments for my native language...

K, now back on topic...

• Founders

FL... lame, come to CA we don't have Hurricanes! :D (just earthquakes...)

:lol2: I think you have had more horrible Earthquakes as of recently than we've had Hurricanes. So far our Hurricane total for like the past 3 years is a grand total of 0. How many earthquakes have you had? lol jk.

• 2 months later...

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.