Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Thoughts on a possible DD pick up needed

Sam

Found a 96 Grand Prix GTP for a grand, White 2 door, 150k

the good

new firestone affinity touring tires

new rear brakes

new battery

runs and drives with no problems

clean title

the bad

has normal distributor oil leak

needs a window regulator

i need a thousand out of it

Thoughts?

Picture009-1.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

150k is alot of miles and could end up being a money pit but you dont get much these days for a thousand dollars.

GTP = LQ1 power. Those motors are very potent, about 215HP at the crank. Distributor leak? IIRC, these motors had coil packs, so dunno about that. Head gaskets tend to be an issue if coolant flushes were never done.

Research all ya can Sam:

www.60degreeV6.com

Lots of owners with that gen GP are on there, with both LQ1 and L82 motors.

Ya I'm aware that I'm not going to be getting a top notch car but it runs well and the owner says the body and interior are in very good shape, but i'm going to look at it later today to see for myself. Just didn't know if anyone had any input that i should be aware of. I've been doing research myself but any help counts.

Man... those 3.8 motors are tanks... at 150 that thing is just broken in... lol

distrobuter leak? there is not a distrobuter on the car. it is coil packs.

Man... those 3.8 motors are tanks... at 150 that thing is just broken in... lol

distrobuter leak? there is not a distrobuter on the car. it is coil packs.

Wrong gen buddy. :)

97 was the first year for the L36 powered GP's, and the "widetrack" body.

This GTP has the LQ1, the 3.4L DOHC 60*V6.

if it runs good and has good tires, and would pass most inspections, its worth 1k

looking at the pics, hellz yeah id get it for 1k. i love the wheels. that seems pretty damn good for 1k

not a big fan of the 3.4L... but hey if it gets out of its own way then go for it.

In the pics it looks great for 150k and seems worth it. How many miles do you expect/plan on getting out of it?

uhm MAYBE 1,000 miles per semester if that, Summer and winter break maybe 2,500 tops. More detailed pics tomorrow and we will see how it handles, runs, and stops tonight and I will fill everyone in tomorrow. But from what i'm reading and what i've been told 1K is worth the money. But I don't want to jinx it.

Nope an auto but here we go,

Ok story behind the car. It is his roommates car who is 4 months behind on rent. So he is selling the car and taking the money for his past rent. The oil leak isn't bad but the car has an MSD coil swap, so there is a bolt/ring where the distributor used to be or something like that. He explained it to me but he said he would help me get it fixed before I drove it off. The tires still have nubs on them and are spanking new. The brakes were iffy but there are new pads and rotors in the back seat that he will be putting on before he sells it.

Needs some odds and ends and but the body is pretty straight and carfax checks out. Needs the driver window regulator and some trim and door handle on the same door. Needs a radio. But thats really it. Has some autometer gauges and as i'm sure some of you know I love gauges lol. The remote still works great and the motor fires right up and drives pretty straight. And brakes will be better once the new stuff is on. Doesn't over heat and doesn't squeek.

BEST DAMN PART THAT JUST KILLED ME

Walked around to the front of the car and there are painted light gray flames on the hood/front bumper/fenders. I busted my shit up laughing but don't care because the car is pretty damn good considering what it is.

Stay tuned to see if I pick it up

more gauges hell ya lol get get get

I'm working something out with the owner right now. Tells me that when ever I need something done to it to bring it to him and he will help me. He has some drag civic in his garage that look sweet as hell. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick this beast up.

I'm working something out with the owner right now. Tells me that when ever I need something done to it to bring it to him and he will help me. He has some drag civic in his garage that look sweet as hell. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick this beast up.

well dam sam hahaha that was funny but i cant wait :huh::lol2::rofl:

I think the gauges are sweet. You guys will see what I mean. They are CF autometer gauges that match pretty damn well with the carbon fiber piece. SLEEEEEEEEEEEPER :lol2: