Forums Gone... but not forgotten!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Pontiac of the Month

360Rocket's 1970 GTO

2019 March
of the Month

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

We are a community of Pontiac enthusiasts. The purpose of our community is to keep alive the Pontiac spirit by sharing (or showing off) our cars, discussing Pontiac, helping each other work on our cars and find information, plus attend various meets/shows/etc... To aid discussion, sharing, event planning and selling of parts/cars/anything, we have various parts of the website to aid this from Forums to an online Garage to Classifieds to even a Document Download Repository. You can find links to these in our navigation above based on what each section helps with (discussion, local events, learning, etc...).

We invite you to contribute, find help or just view some of our member's amazing cars! Don't forget, we also have great contests from time to time (like our Pontiac of the Month and yearly calendar contest) and our Pontiac This OR That, a fun game where you choose the best of two randomly selected Pontiacs from our online garage.

We look forward to seeing you around!

Hello again, this time I need another hood and I want to install the ram air hood on my 2001 grand am, where can I find it for a good price? New or used for $250 or less 

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Firstly, no, the ram air hoods on the GAGTs don't actually duct air into the intake.  I opened the vents on mine about 7 years ago and the only difference is a dirtier engine bay.  As for where to buy one...you can search local junk yards but they are hard to find now.  Buying one will likely cost much more than $250 since it's too big for most 'cheap' shipping methods.  Best bet is to find a used one to purchase.  Keep checking Craigslist or one of the Grand Am specific forums although I haven't seen much available on them for a while...

you're very helpfull, thnx dude!

Another question: how can I change the transmission oil?  it's difficult or not because I was searching for videos on youtube but the only result was the 2.2L ecotec (2002) and mine is 2.4L twin cam (2001) if you could hep me with a link i will be very grateful for your help.

Which transmission do you have? May have better luck looking for that rather than the model. 

Not sure on the 4 cylinder.  I've got the V6 and the only way to drain it is to drop the pan on the bottom.  There's also no dipstick on the V6 (and I'm guessing the 4) so you'll have to empty it and then put in the recommended amount or you'll never know how much is actually in there.