Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

ram air hood really works?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Firstly, no, the ram air hoods on the GAGTs don't actually duct air into the intake.  I opened the vents on mine about 7 years ago and the only difference is a dirtier engine bay.  As for where to buy one...you can search local junk yards but they are hard to find now.  Buying one will likely cost much more than $250 since it's too big for most 'cheap' shipping methods.  Best bet is to find a used one to purchase.  Keep checking Craigslist or one of the Grand Am specific forums although I haven't seen much available on them for a while...

you're very helpfull, thnx dude!

Another question: how can I change the transmission oil?  it's difficult or not because I was searching for videos on youtube but the only result was the 2.2L ecotec (2002) and mine is 2.4L twin cam (2001) if you could hep me with a link i will be very grateful for your help.

Not sure on the 4 cylinder.  I've got the V6 and the only way to drain it is to drop the pan on the bottom.  There's also no dipstick on the V6 (and I'm guessing the 4) so you'll have to empty it and then put in the recommended amount or you'll never know how much is actually in there.