Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Official Basketball Thread!

jgarcia05

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Ummm, yeah... I remember watching when I was a kid and rooting for number 23, Micheal Jordan, when he played for the Chicago Bulls...

Space Jam? I think that is the closest to bastketball I've ever really watched.

• 5 months later...
  • Founders

I'm considering moving the NBA thread to the Entertainment section because it really is not a sport anymore... The way that the whole NBA boasted and the whole bias towards Kobe (and the Lakers) and the fact that it went to 7 games showed it no longer is a sport. The NBA chose the Lakers and Kobe to win then just gave us a "show". Pathetic, very pathetic one of my favorite games have become such...

[/rant]

I'm considering moving the NBA thread to the Entertainment section because it really is not a sport anymore... The way that the whole NBA boasted and the whole bias towards Kobe (and the Lakers) and the fact that it went to 7 games showed it no longer is a sport. The NBA chose the Lakers and Kobe to win then just gave us a "show". Pathetic, very pathetic one of my favorite games have become such...

[/rant]

:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:

excuse all of my Agree's but I DO AGREE WITH YOU!!! IT IS ALL ABOUT GETTING THE MONEY BACK!!! ITS JUST LIKE BOXING!!!!! THATS WHY I DON'T WATCH IT ANYMORE BECAUSE WHEN BOXING MAKES MONEY, THE BEST FIGHTER ENDS UP LOSING SO THEIR CAN BE A REMATCH TO MAKE MORE MONEY!!! ITS FRIGGIN RIDICULOUS AND RETARTED!!! I ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT PAY TO WATCH A FRIGGIN PLAY OFF OR MAIN EVENT BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS NOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN!!!!!

oh and to add... KOBE JUST MADE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FROM WHO???? HIS FANS!!!! AND ARE WE EVER GOING TO SEE THAT MONEY BY SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY AT A PLAY OFF GAME??? NAH. I DONT THINK SO. ITS GOING TO PAY FOR KOBE'S BILLS! I KNOW THATS HOW MAJOR LEAGUE PLAYERS MAKE THEIR MONEY AND I KNOW THEY ARE THEIR BECAUSE THEY ARE THE BEST BUT DAMN IT... WHEN WILL IT BE ABOUT THE DAMN SPORT AGAIN?!?!?!?!

[/rant]

• Founders

Exactly!! I grew up and played basketball pretty much all my life, idolizing greats as Karl Malone, John Stockton and Jeff Hornacek . In my younger years I played through high school, then as I got older I became a coach and refereed a lot of games for the YMCA then once I got out of high school I did middle school games and tournaments. I know every call basically is what I'm getting at and it was just a disgrace seeing Kobe basically hug people on defense and push when he goes up for a layup, then just the uncalled for knee to Perkins to have him injured. Then when he finally gets called on it which happens like once every leap year, he acts as if he's doin nothing and curses up a storm yet no technical foul there.

Then another thing is the freaking announcers and broadcast on TV. I know I'm not in broadcasting or anything but I thought you were supposed to have a non-biased view on the game! Not at any of these 7 NBA final games! Every one had a video at half-time on Kobe Bryant or some type of interview with the Lakers. Then as the game goes by the announcer just makes Kobe out to be a Hero when its far from the truth. His team won the games ( if you want to call them that) and its just a disgrace to the game. An announcer really hit me hard with a comment that when a Odom hit Garnetts hand to say "A hand is part of the ball" and basically pulling that bs from his butt. When you smack a shooters hand ITS A FOUL!

Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Dr. J, EVERY great NBA player is either rolling over in their grave or shaking their head at what the NBA has become.

Exactly!! I grew up and played basketball pretty much all my life, idolizing greats as Karl Malone, John Stockton and Jeff Hornacek . In my younger years I played through high school, then as I got older I became a coach and refereed a lot of games for the YMCA then once I got out of high school I did middle school games and tournaments. I know every call basically is what I'm getting at and it was just a disgrace seeing Kobe basically hug people on defense and push when he goes up for a layup, then just the uncalled for knee to Perkins to have him injured. Then when he finally gets called on it which happens like once every leap year, he acts as if he's doin nothing and curses up a storm yet no technical foul there.

Then another thing is the freaking announcers and broadcast on TV. I know I'm not in broadcasting or anything but I thought you were supposed to have a non-biased view on the game! Not at any of these 7 NBA final games! Every one had a video at half-time on Kobe Bryant or some type of interview with the Lakers. Then as the game goes by the announcer just makes Kobe out to be a Hero when its far from the truth. His team won the games ( if you want to call them that) and its just a disgrace to the game. An announcer really hit me hard with a comment that when a Odom hit Garnetts hand to say "A hand is part of the ball" and basically pulling that bs from his butt. When you smack a shooters hand ITS A FOUL!

Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Dr. J, EVERY great NBA player is either rolling over in their grave or shaking their head at what the NBA has become.

Jordan was interviewed on TMZ, or they tried to interview him, and asked him who is going to win. guess what jordan said, "i dont care".

can you believe that?

• Founders

Jordan was interviewed on TMZ, or they tried to interview him, and asked him who is going to win. guess what jordan said, "i dont care".

can you believe that?

Jordan is a great ball player but his attitude just I never liked. He was never humble about his skills. Even when he was accepted into the Hall of Fame, he made fun of John Stockton (who traveled all the way to the ceremony) and Karl Malone. It wasn't just joking about how they always lost in the playoffs against him but it was straight up make fun of them. I lost the ounce of respect I had for Jordan after that.

So honestly that answer could be his horrible self-centered attitude or he honestly feels that the game has really hit retarded or a combination of both.

Jordan is a great ball player but his attitude just I never liked. He was never humble about his skills. Even when he was accepted into the Hall of Fame, he made fun of John Stockton (who traveled all the way to the ceremony) and Karl Malone. It wasn't just joking about how they always lost in the playoffs against him but it was straight up make fun of them. I lost the ounce of respect I had for Jordan after that.

So honestly that answer could be his horrible self-centered attitude or he honestly feels that the game has really hit retarded or a combination of both.

the man is filthy rich and never has to work again if he wants. you know, if i had all that kinds of money, i would be self centered too. lol. well.. that still doesn't support the fact that he is a jerk off and doesn't show any sportsmanship like Larry Bird did back and the day.

• Founders

the man is filthy rich and never has to work again if he wants. you know, if i had all that kinds of money, i would be self centered too. lol. well.. that still doesn't support the fact that he is a jerk off and doesn't show any sportsmanship like Larry Bird did back and the day.

Respect is a huge thing to me. Even if I was filthy rich, I don't think I would ever act the way he does. I know plenty of people who are filthy rich and they're just like anybody else. Some of my good friends are.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Founders

One more thing on how the NBA is becoming more like Entertainment is because they allowed LeBron James to have an hour TV show about who he is signing with and all the other publicity. Any other sport would have said "Hell NO!" That was just a disgrace and even more a disgrace that everybody fell into it and watched it! Its just getting to the point where its more about the stars and not about the game.

I give LeBron or D-Wade a week into the season before either wants a trade. There are so many huge egos on that team that it will never work. May have worked back in the day but the way that everybody is today and ego-centric (especially with the NBA being more entertainment wise) it will never work.

• 3 years later...
  • Founders

The game tonight between my alma matter (USF) and my graduate school (FGCU) was crazy, both great teams. Went into double overtime and FGCU down by 2 with .3 seconds left. Does a baseline inbound chuck from their hoop to USF's and the FGCU Forward catches and it leaves his finger tips before the buzzer sounds (actually hit the rim before) so it should count and we should have went into 3OT but the refs got confused, went to the monitors, got even more confused and apparently called the clock operator wrong and time expired. BS IMO, would loved to of seen that game go another OT and get a real winner.

• 4 years later...

I am geeked because this is the only time of year I like basketball. Not mention part of the tournament will be held in Detroit this year. I had a chance to buy tickets but I was not willing to pop for the $3,000 they were asking for the whole weekend package of games, not to mention needing a hotel, food, and parking for the whole weekend. TV coverage is much cheaper.

• Founders
1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I am geeked because this is the only time of year I like basketball. Not mention part of the tournament will be held in Detroit this year. I had a chance to buy tickets but I was not willing to pop for the $3,000 they were asking for the whole weekend package of games, not to mention needing a hotel, food, and parking for the whole weekend. TV coverage is much cheaper.

Basketball is my favorite sport. I don't care for pros so I am all over college. Though I hardly had time to watch any games this regular season. I usually watch most of the games during the tourney.

The NCAA rakes in over $1 Billion (with a B!) during March Madness and I would bet the majority is through ticket sales. Their ticket prices are absolutely insane but I guess you get a good chunk of games and how they make sure there's a crowd for every game by bundling them. 

I love nearly all college sports, with college football at the top of my list. I enjoy college basketball too, but the NBA - pro season is waaayyyyy tooo loong (so is the NHL season - especially when you add the playoffs). Having Michigan and Michigan State always competing for the basketball crown, it makes things more exciting to watch around here. Having both teams as #3 seeds in different regions should make things fun to watch.

I feel the same way. Definitely prefer college sports over the pros. The NBA disgusts me, but I'll save that rant for another time.

I'm wondering how Michigan and Michigan St will be affected by having the extra time off, since their conference tourney was a week before most everyone else?