Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Project Ion...

The LSJ's output N/A is very low, Saab used a variant of that motor in the 9-3 models for quite awhile. Actually, it's because of Saab why that Ecotec is so potent, Saab pretty much R&D'd the powerplant for about five or six years with the 9-3 Aero, and GM plucked it for use in the Delta platform.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of saturns at all. sorry to your brother.

It is ok... i personally like them because they can be super sleepers... for instance i know of a few saturs that woudl blow the doors off of any stock/semi modded WS6/Z28 and Mustangs....

Hell i have seen a few eat up hevily modded Supras...

Personally i would rather have a saturn that can eat up a Fbody than an F body at all..

Hell i have seen a few eat up hevily modded Supras...

A heavy modded 2j would only lose to a stupidly modded saturn.....maybe....or a bad driver. Would need to see to believe.

7m isn't that special, really nor that fast. Most people that really want to run a supra go with 1j or 2j platforms. the 7m is basically the starter so this video doesn't suprise me. Props to the saturn.

These really didn't help the cause at all, yes the saturn was quick but really quick doesn't mean a thing. The saturn pulled even once with the supra, but all were half a race really. The supra has just an amateur driver (plain as day) so the supra didn't really pull on him. Just because your car is fast doesn't mean a thing if you can't drive it. Clearly the driver of the saturn can drive but didn't really help his cause. Not trying to bash your friend or his car, just a supra freak getting the facts straight :lol2:

awww... you can say it... i hurt your feelings awhile back when i said your firechicken was lacking a man pedal...

Its ok.

you dont have to like it...

Ill mail out that stuff wednesday for your bro.

As far as the Saturn vs WS6 thing you really cant compare the two there on such diff ends of the spectrum. I love Saturn for who they are and what the car company accomplished in there short life. Saturn was NEVER about the cars but the experance, the people, a way of life, the value and on and on. Saturns cars (non GM ones) were for people that dident care about cars all they wanted out of the car was it to be good on gass and at a good fair price and alternative to the hondas and toyotas of the world. Pontiac was all about cars for people that love cars. you cant compare the two to each other or have them compeat against another there just such diff cars and companies.

Take it form someone that knows what he is talking about.

also I predict that every brand will do things the Saturn way someday. Even tho Saturn failed the whole industry should learn from what Saturn did right. Because what Saturn did right they got it DEAD on right.

I love Saturn not for there cars but who they were and if anyone loves them for there cars they missed the point of Saturn.

Saturn was never about the car it was ALL ABOUT YOU!

sorry about the :lol2: but well it needed to be said.

PS for you all that dont know I work for Saturn :lol2:

• 1 month later...

Tails went to the Tinter lastnight....

AVIC F90BT was purchased this weekend

DDM Tuning 55W 8000K HI/LO HID kit purchased this weekend.

hmmm..... then the subs go in...

Tails are back from the tinter... they are so sexy!

i put them on at night but is is pouring rain...

Aslo i got the AVIC F7010BT today

i just need the mounting kit and it is going in tmr...

Update

Tails Tinted... They are blacker in person...

05130095145701.jpg

05130095145700.jpg

As for the headunit... well no one in the world sells the GMOS-LAN-06 so i had to purchase it from Ebay... another 4-5 business days and another update

• 3 weeks later...

AVIC Installed! It did not come without its challenges. haha... well turns out that the harness is a SOB to get. took a week to get and when i got it... it was not with out complications.

This is the harness

gmos-lan-03.jpg

It is dangerously close to our harness but different. well when i installed the head unit it said to hook the remote wire up from the head unit to the blue wire from the harness... well my dumb ass decided that it was where i was going to pull power for the sub woofer amps... well when i had it all hooked up NO SOUND... With help from you guys here at the forum i realized that with the AAS (advanced audio system) was a factory amp a light went on... hooked it up and it worked great!

Also with the iPod connectivity i needed another cord made by Rocketfish that had the USB, Composite Video and Red and White Audio cords so taht it would play

rocketfish-composite-a-v-cable-apple-ipod_3320809_raw.jpg

Well the long awaited pictures....

DSCN9045.jpg

DSCN9046.jpg

Also another update is teh 6000K DDM Tuning 35Watt HIDs They were different to install because they were Hi/Lo and it had another relay device that i had to hook up to a constant 12V and 2 seperate Grounds. Then there was 3 spades that i had to plug in (and swap around till it worked) in to the Drivers side headlight socket. the passanger light socket was taped up because it is not going to be used...

Here is pics of the HIDs

DSCN9047.jpg

DSCN9048.jpg

B&M Short Throw is next.... then fart cannon and intake.

i love that you say fart cannon is next. ps the cluster in that car is 6 different types of gay.

How so? The center look is different, keeps everything centralized.

' date='Jun 1 2010, 06:15 AM' post='27907']

How so? The center look is different, keeps everything centralized.

It reminds me of a Mini Cooper.