Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Bloody hell... (Battery issue?)

Alright, my car is stuck elsewhere right now. The car sat from 6:30pm to 11:30pm, now, I drove the car earlier in the day, not much of any starting issues. But I went to crank it, nada. Click, and all the lights are dim. Now, the battery is only three years old. Am I just looking at a battery, or is it a short? Jumping the battery seemed to do nothing. I'm strapped for cash until two weeks, this was very bad timing... :/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did you ground off the ground cable to some good metal part of the car? that always helps bcuz if the batt is dead, you won't get any ground out of it. i usually replace my batt's every 2 years so mine is coming up soon. i ran a batt volt gauge on it and im just over 12 volts so its close to time to replace.

you also dont want to run the car like that for too long without a good batt bcuz you will kill the alternator and then more money out of your pocket. i'd def yank the battery out and get it tested. i personally think its out of life.

Considering the somewhat young age of the battery and that you can't jump start it, it's probably a shorted cell. Take it out and take it to your local parts store to get it tested, but I'm pretty sure you got a shorted cell in your battery, and therefore a bad battery. Nothing to be done about it except hope you have a warranty on it still. If this is a budget battery we're talking about, I know times are tight, but try to stretch for a good/more reliable brand. Batteries are finicky and complicated, and unfortunately some companies cut expenses on materials and design, and you get problems like this.

Argblarg.

I have a feeling the battery has a dead cell. I'll be putting a strong charge on it tomorrow. I'm bringing it to the Autozone I used to work for, for testing as well.

Argblarg.

I have a feeling the battery has a dead cell. I'll be putting a strong charge on it tomorrow. I'm bringing it to the Autozone I used to work for, for testing as well.

Good luck. I wouldn't even bother putting it on a charge before getting it tested. Keep us posted.

I'm still using the side post AC Delco battery my car came with. And my car is 1 year older than yours. Also my car is in harsher elements.

You are clearly doing it wrong.

Well, I tested the battery, with a load, it read .72 volts. Yay!

Currently it's being charged up. No signs of leaking acid, so that was good. I'm just happy it's the battery and not an electrical failure...

• Founders
' date='Mar 27 2010, 12:53 PM' post='18745']

Zing!

The Exide had a dead cell, bought a new battery and Stealth lives!

:dancingpontiac::lol2::rofl::bacon::bacon::bacon:

Good to hear Stealth is back on the road! What battery did you get?

' date='Mar 27 2010, 03:26 PM' post='18774']

I know that, lady. :P

But what for? :rofl:

send him my way kay =]

Shes talking about me Chris.

you have a girlfriend your off limits haha