Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Logo design.

Jedi3

A friend of mine works at this place and they have been working with design studios for a new logo. My friend knowing im very creative has been showing me all the logos they have received to ask me my opinion. I have not liked any (for the most part) of the logos and to be honest got sick of seeing IMO these crappy logos. So I thought I would throw my name in and do a logo for them. Well unfortunately they did not like my design but Im pretty proud of it and thought I would share it. I spent alot of time & thought on it today and well dident want it to go to waste so I thought I would share it with you all. Thats the unfortunate thing about graphic design as im sure Ghost will tell you. You spent all this hard work & thought and can be very happy with it but the client will sometimes hate it. lol Oh well that the chance you take sometimes.

So anyways enjoy I hope you guys like it lol

I drew all the artwork myself on my computer from scratch.

CRSchmidtlogoart.png

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Damn... ALL I see is a red X.... I'll check on my phone....

EDIT: NM I see them now.... they look good....

Yea PB changed there coding lol

Why im not sure but thats new today. shaking fist!!!

Thanks all! :cheers:

I would be lying if I dident say I was not disappointed, I really thought I had a home run there! It needs a little cleaning up but wow im just stunned that I lost. Im not upset I lost im upset I lost IMO an inferior logo. Ill ask my friend if its ok if I post the winning logo to get your oponions.

Yea that was def part of it I was a little late to the party.

:cheers: with your first comment. and i like the third design. and post all logos, past, present, participating losers and winners.

:( with your first comment. and i like the third design. and post all logos, past, present, participating losers and winners.

:agreed::cheers:

You're a winner in our book!!! Shit just look at MY siggy... ok fine all our siggys.... :lol2: j/k but seriously... you and Ghost are the SHIZNITT!!! ;)

• Founders

Looks good, really good Joe!!!! I would have used a different text but that's me.

Another thing Joe, I've been doing web design for about 8 years now freelancing and I can't tell you how many times I've done a site, logo, or just graphics piece that I was like this is the best thing I've done to date and the customer was like can you change that, that, that and that afterwards it looks like shit. I found a great comic that says all this lol

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/design_hell

thanks guys I have not heard yet on if I could post the winning design and other ones. But it was not totaly the quality of my work but my timming was a bit late. One of the things they did not like was the Trowell.

"I showed it to XXXX and she said that the Trowell gives them the idea that they do masenry not brick paving…"

I disagree but they may have a point, I look at it like well you use a Trowell too. lol but oh well.

Looks good, really good Joe!!!! I would have used a different text but that's me.

Another thing Joe, I've been doing web design for about 8 years now freelancing and I can't tell you how many times I've done a site, logo, or just graphics piece that I was like this is the best thing I've done to date and the customer was like can you change that, that, that and that afterwards it looks like shit. I found a great comic that says all this lol

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/design_hell

:cheers: to the comic and I have def been there before!

Once I did a design for someone and I thought it was great and the person liked it but wanted me to change the main color to green. I asked why and they simply said "my house is green and I like green." I lol'ed and replied but green has nothing to do with water and the product is about water, that would not make any sence. The said but I like the color green and im paying you... so I changed it to green. I never understood why someone pays you to do something or comes to see you cuz you know more than them. Then tells you your wrong or forces there opinion on you.

I never understood why someone pays you to do something or comes to see you cuz you know more than them. Then tells you your wrong or forces there opinion on you.

That's when you turn around and ask if they give their surgeon advice on how to perform open heart surgery on them... lol! Most people think designers are "code monkeys" or "program monkeys" that happen to know how to operate a bit of hardware/software to do whatever you want. And I think unfortunately we keep letting them think that by saying yes... I know I do. It's hard to be like "Um, no, you have no training/schooling in this, I don't tell you how to do your job so plz don't tell me how to do mine" when people ask for a Bright Yellow Background With Purple Comic Sans Text and Make It Web 2.0. :cheers:

Anyway I liked that your logo worked in one-color and in full-color, I just wonder how the logo would look in small sizes, like on a business card, because you have so much detail in there.

I just got permission to post the other designs up, take a look.

The loosers.

these 3 I had added my comments on the artwork so he knew what ones I was reffering to.

Logos101_Page_1.jpg

Logos101_Page_2.jpg

Logos101_Page_3.jpg

For some reason it makes me think Kodak or something to do with a photographer or even a Xerox machine. Just dosent say Bricks IMO.

securedownload.jpg

the winner!!!

I like it but its too metallic looking I would make the bricks a more brick color. Maybe have two diff colors like a red ish brick and an orange ish colored bricks with black and one of the other colres for the text.

Like I have said about some of the other ones you have sent me it does not say "we do bricks & paving" A logo should still work when you get rid of the type.

1661_pickedLogo.jpg

my friend

I think they felt obligated to use one of that guys logos since they already paid him.

Another logo I did today for my friends business that he asked me to work on.

KCscenicviews.png

It's hard to be like "Um, no, you have no training/schooling in this, I don't tell you how to do your job so plz don't tell me how to do mine" when people ask for a Bright Yellow Background With Purple Comic Sans Text and Make It Web 2.0. :D

Sorry to be a bit off-topic. But I've been freelancing for almost a decade, and when a client comes at me with something like that, I simply tell them no. It's a two letter word and not hard to say. You are the one with the training and you are the one with the experience. I would never put my name on anything I would not approve of, and if that means dropping the client, so be it. There's always another job.

Back on topic. Jedi, you totally should've won. Sorry, dude. Yours was awesome.