Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

58Bonne's 1958 Bonneville

2019 June
of the Month

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

We are a community of Pontiac enthusiasts. The purpose of our community is to keep alive the Pontiac spirit by sharing (or showing off) our cars, discussing Pontiac, helping each other work on our cars and find information, plus attend various meets/shows/etc... To aid discussion, sharing, event planning and selling of parts/cars/anything, we have various parts of the website to aid this from Forums to an online Garage to Classifieds to even a Document Download Repository. You can find links to these in our navigation above based on what each section helps with (discussion, local events, learning, etc...).

We invite you to contribute, find help or just view some of our member's amazing cars! Don't forget, we also have great contests from time to time (like our Pontiac of the Month and yearly calendar contest) and our Pontiac This OR That, a fun game where you choose the best of two randomly selected Pontiacs from our online garage.

We look forward to seeing you around!

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi3

GMI Exclusive: GM Twin-Turbo V6 Coming

GMI Exclusive: GM Twin-Turbo V6 Coming

GMI uncovers GM's first high tech, blown V6.

www.gminsidenews.com

March 22, 2010

By: Nick Saporito

srxlf1.jpg

Ford Motor Company’s recent introduction of their twin-turbo 3.5L V6 has brought the industry limelight to high tech, forced induction V6 powertrains. Rumors of General Motors joining in on the turbocharged V6 arena have been around for several years now, however GMI has confirmed that The General really will be joining Ford in the high tech turbo bandwagon.

According to GM engineering sources, GM is currently working on a twin-turbo 3.0L V6. Development on the new engine is so far along that it has a PRO code of “LF3.” The naturally aspirated 3.0L debuted in several 2010 products with direct injection and has the code “LF1.”

GMI was not able to obtain projected power ratings on the new engine, however output is very application specific under new SAE testing rules. Sources did say to expect the engine to rival Ford’s EcoBoost 3.5L.

The engine’s introduction is expected in late 2011 or early 2012 in the Cadillac XTS. Sources also state that GM is looking to use the engine in the Cadillac ATS and possibly even the next Chevrolet Camaro. Cadillac has historically always debuted new variants of the High-Feature V6 lineup, so it comes as no surprise that the XTS is the likely to pioneer the 3.0L twin-turbo.

Most rumors surrounding the potential of a turbocharged V6 out of GM have centered on the company’s 3.6L V6. A couple of years ago GMI was told that GM had twin-turbo 3.6L V6’s in development that were generating as much as 435 horsepower. Information regarding the potential of a blown 3.6L silenced for years until GM showed a 3.6L twin-turbo V6-powered Camaro show car at the 2009 SEMA show. The Camaro show car was generating 425 horsepower.

link to the original article & comments

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f70/gmi...6-coming-90244/

:lol2: this some good news! :nom_noms:

Too bad the G6 isent around anymore this would of been a great motor for the next gen G6's. :lol2:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

too bad no to many of us could afford the lacs... Good news none the less!

Good to see GM is finally having some fun with turbos as well! Who knows Joe, maybe a 6er will have some luck with dropping one of these in (along with a new tranny, suspension and among other things :lol2: )

Thats pretty sweet.

start DONATING NOW to my wallet and ill do it! :lol2:

only if they had this in the g6 gxp

nice mayb now someone will go off of this an make a turbo or supercharger for us g6s

nice mayb now someone will go off of this an make a turbo or supercharger for us g6s

Aerosmith has a song about that called "Dream on" :lol2:

ooo come on man take a joke.

never, please explain this thing called scarcasim.

Play nice kids.

I'm super excited about this motor. Ford gave GM a wake up call that there is a market for boosted V6 cars. TT V6 Camaro? I'd look past the ugliness for one.

PUT THAT IN THE Z28 GM!!!! OMG! THEY BETTER!

I will, seriously sell the 6 for one if they do!

the Z28 is already getting the ZR1 motor well i mean they did have like 20 motor options for the camaros in the 60"s yea tt v6 should be the RS/SS package

The Z28 is still undecided, and people would freak if an SS or Z28 Camaro had a V6, even if it did make +430HP.

I say make a whole new trim level name for the TT motor.

' date='Mar 23 2010, 08:49 AM' post='18345']

The Z28 is still undecided, and people would freak if an SS or Z28 Camaro had a V6, even if it did make +430HP.

I say make a whole new trim level name for the TT motor.

:blink:

New trim + Twin Turbo'd V6 + New Camaro = Ringo in debt up to his eyeballs because of buying the Z28 then the "TT" model :rofl:

I say just give the trim level the engine code: LF3.

That is going to be one awesome engine

Z28 would be a good platform for it since the origonal was more about handling with a high reving engine. Probably would be a nice balanced ride through the tighter corners.

The Buick Regal GS coupe that there has been rumors of, wouldn't that motor be amazining for it???

and whos with me a Buick is now a possibility for you next coupe?

baring it happens and you could afford it of course.

ps this is what the concept is rumored to look like.

Imagine that in all black like the 80's ones use to be........

buick-regal-coupe-rumored-feat.png

RegalGSrear.jpg

if i could afford it i would buy one, it would be cool if they made a Malibu coupe again

:cheers:

I thought for sure once Pontiac & the G6 coupe was announced dead that we would see the G6 become the next Malibu coupe or Monty. But sadly no :D

I think if they made a Malibu Coupe with the option of the V6 turbo or naturally aspirated would be awesome

Coupe or Sedan, I'd love to see this turbo V6 in the AWD Regal. Better have the six speed manual mated to it. Can you say, American Evo and STi killer? Oho.