Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Shakercars's 1972 Trans Am

2019 August
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Sign in to follow this  
EiGhTySeVeN

Need help again. What is this car?

You guys did great on the last topic I created asking for help figuring out what car was in a picture I posted. I need help again. My dad was going through old pictures and found this one of his mother standing next to an old car. What is the car?

5670c69b010e3_SampsonPics191.thumb.JPG.6

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Model A Ford.  Not sure what year tho.

Early 30's??

I was thinking 31-34 maybe but I am not that knowledgeable with the Fords.

Do you know what year the photograph was taken, @EiGhTySeVeN?

Thanks for the replies guys. Ringo I'm not really sure when the photograph was taken, I asked my dad and he thinks possibly the 30's. I just checked Ford Model A production, it says 1927-1931. I'm not really good with the really old cars. If it is a Model A then I can check pictures of each year and compare them to the one in the pic if there really is only 5 years. I just wasn't sure the make. This helps narrow it down though

Edited by EiGhTySeVeN

Actually that would be a Dodge Brothers Coupe/ chrysler/ plymouth from 1926 to 1928 5 window coupe model. Dodges still used steel spoked rims wrapped in wood on cars til late 1928. Although, they did still use them on small trucks til 1933. Also, if you notice the raised section or embossed section of the side louvers of the bonnet which will tell you from the get go that it isn't a ford or a chevy. Also, the bottom of the rear side glass is to flat for a ford or chevy. And the body beads that go along the body lines are far different than that of chevy or fords. Packards had a similar body lines as of dodges/plymouth/chryslers but, that had longer bodies.

11 hours ago, Guitarsextreme said:

Actually that would be a Dodge Brothers Coupe/ chrysler/ plymouth from 1926 to 1928 5 window coupe model. Dodges still used steel spoked rims wrapped in wood on cars til late 1928. Although, they did still use them on small trucks til 1933. Also, if you notice the raised section or embossed section of the side louvers of the bonnet which will tell you from the get go that it isn't a ford or a chevy. Also, the bottom of the rear side glass is to flat for a ford or chevy. And the body beads that go along the body lines are far different than that of chevy or fords. Packards had a similar body lines as of dodges/plymouth/chryslers but, that had longer bodies.

Thanks for the info. The wheels were definitely throwing me off when I was comparing the car to Ford Model A's.

I believe it is a 1928 Willys Knight. Compare the side louvers, the hexagon center caps on the wheels, the step on the right rear fender for the rumble seat, the auxiliary light on the side of the cowl, and what appears to be a trim piece along the back edge of the roof.

d738d8874ffd29d060696674fc32fd37.jpg

Edited by stratman
  • Like 1

Have to agree with stratman on this. I did a little side-by-side and came to the same conclusion

willys.png

• Like 1

Damn new cars all look alike.

• Like 1

I will have to agree with stratman as well !! Between the dodge brothers and the willys they are so close it's scary lol!!  Well Done Stratman!!

• Like 1

I can live with saying that's a Willys. I couldn't have gotten that close. Thanks a lot for the help guys, and thanks Stratman. Nailed it again. Looks like I owe you 2 beers now. One for the Willys and one from that Mazda RX4 over a year ago

• Like 1