Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Show Those Car Show Awards!

Can anyone answer me this? Why do people display trophies at car shows?

I never did that, personally think its a little tacky and desprite. Its like saying hey I've won before loooky now please let me win again

:blink: i think that it is very tacky. it isnt about how many trophies you have won previously, its about how nice you car is at that specific show.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there just showing off / comparing there trophie dicks. :blink::rofl:

damn coomanvette75! thats ALOT of trophies! lol. I WANT THAT COLLECTION! haha

well here is a pic of my awards.

l_db8a6752425149eda25ff2988c4eb6b0.jpg

Hang in there, you'll get many more. The trophies shown in Coolman's room are from the Vette, not the G6. I have a whole attic filled with them, but then again, I was showing the Vette before most folks on this forum were born, including Coolman :D;)

I still have the "Best In Show" trophy that I won on the day that Coolman took his first steps :o

I came home and sat on the couch and put the trophy on the floor in front of me and Coolman was on the other side of the living room propped up by the fireplace. When he saw that trophy, he let go and walked across the floor, like Frankenstein, till he got to the trophy and grabbed onto it. The kid got good taste and the rest is history. My first car show was in 1977!!!

or he could wear it. :D

lol!!!!!

Hang in there, you'll get many more. The trophies shown in Coolman's room are from the Vette, not the G6. I have a whole attic filled with them, but then again, I was showing the Vette before most folks on this forum were born, including Coolman ;):o

I still have the "Best In Show" trophy that I won on the day that Coolman took his first steps :o

I came home and sat on the couch and put the trophy on the floor in front of me and Coolman was on the other side of the living room propped up by the fireplace. When he saw that trophy, he let go and walked across the floor, like Frankenstein, till he got to the trophy and grabbed onto it. The kid got good taste and the rest is history. My first car show was in 1977!!!

ya i still have a long way to go before i stop. im trying my best to keep at it though. even though i have a vibe, that doesn't mean i can't build a great show car. :)

my kids are young as well and all look at the trophies and want to play with them. kind of starting off in the same boat as you. well congrats on all of the awards! too bad i can't see the vette in person since i live so far.

thats different. i was expecting them to give a trophy. lol. well.. you can hang your medal on your mirror instead showing it off in front of the car like normal. lol

I was thinking that but it's HUGE lol it's about 5" across and on a big ribbon lol

I'm more thinking that I'll put it around the headrest of the passenger seat for all to see :D

I was thinking that but it's HUGE lol it's about 5" across and on a big ribbon lol

I'm more thinking that I'll put it around the headrest of the passenger seat for all to see :D

dude... thats bling bling up in hurr! lol. rock dat like flava flav rocks dat big ol clock! lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i knew hed do tht lol

Doooo whaaaat? hahah

Do you know how difficult it was to carry all those damn plaques outside!? ahha

I'm not a big fan of plaques, but down here that is what most shows give out. Trophies are the koolest! haha

Impressive, very impressive the emperor was right about you! :dancingpontiac:

Here's all the ones I've accumulated since 2002

img1120e.jpg

Bloody hell. I've been to too many shows now, and I only have one trophy to show for it.

*shakes fist*

There is a key to winning and that is CLEAN! haha

A lot of judges don't know particular mods or what has been modified a particular way. Most will judge on the most base aspects. Number one being cleanliness. If the car looks and FEELS like it just rolled off the assembly line, then you are well on your way. You have to be crazy about it. Nooks and crannies where no one looks and the usually dirty areas of the car like the wheels and wheel wells. If you can find dirt or buildup on your car then so can they. Condition of paint matters too...claybar is a godsend for prepping before polish and sealant/wax. A must do!

Before a major show(the ones you pay money to be in), I would take 3 days off of work and have a checklist of areas to clean. Which would include craziness like cleaning and waxing the underside of the car and even removing the tail lights to clean the body area behind them.

Chaos,

your car deserves to have more trophies, so go out and hit as many shows as you can and start stacking them up. You'll meet a lot of cool people in the process too.

Trust me, I do. Sadly most judges are very car biased on LI car shows. Judges will really favor cars for what they are, IE T/As, Mustangs, Corvettes etc. Oddball cars like mine? They quickly look over, and don't care if it's modded. On top of that, they don't know how to classify mine, so I get lumped in with cars that easily overshadow my own, it's depressing and fustrating at the same time.