Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Show Those Car Show Awards!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did win best new car at a local car show in 2007 but it dosent really count cuz I may of been the only newer car there. :D There was only like 15 cars there total and my prize was a jug of car wash soap. :P:lol2::lol2:

I did win best new car at a local car show in 2007 but it dosent really count cuz I may of been the only newer car there. :D There was only like 15 cars there total and my prize was a jug of car wash soap. :P:lol2::lol2:

haha! you should wrap that bottle with some paper that says, FIRST PLACE FROM (car show name). lol

' date='Mar 21 2010, 11:33 AM' post='18126']

I only have one trophy. 3rd place in Mild Domestic, at the Son of the Monster Mash 2008 show.

MyGrandAm457.jpg

congrats! its still an award. :)

' date='Mar 21 2010, 11:45 AM' post='18129']

Thanks. The show circut is tough with my GA, since most people don't know what to think of it, and the older guys just scoff at it for not having a V8 and RWD.

i hate people that do that. but, if you are happy with the car and the end result, just scuff right back at em. lol.

My dad has 400+ trophies in his house. i would take more pics but i lost my memory card. the only pics i have now are of the ones behind my model cars on my shelf.

modelcars014.jpg

modelcars016.jpg

modelcars017.jpg

modelcars018.jpg

modelcars019.jpg

ill take some better pics once i get a memory card

I still want to get a J-body and do a sc eco swap from a cobalt ss or maybe even a cobalt ss turbo.....would make for a VERY fun dd car and a very fun project.....damnit my wheels are turning....someone stop me...

l_1806dd2a90b31affa1bd8162132697fe.jpg

i still have this trophy. my 1st place from the Audiobahn Spring Break Jam Car Show in 2005. That trophy stands about 5 feet tall. i hated dragging that thing to shows just to have somewhat of a display. lol

Can anyone answer me this? Why do people display trophies at car shows?

I never did that, personally think its a little tacky and desprite. Its like saying hey I've won before loooky now please let me win again

I never did that, personally think its a little tacky and desprite. Its like saying hey I've won before loooky now please let me win again

honestly, the main reasoning i do it is in case their was a company at the show looking for new cars to sponsor. they see the awards and see all of the accomplishments. I dont mind if i get a sponsor or not but that would be awesome if i did get some type of "partial" sponsorship. :blink:

You are already showing off the car, so why not the awards that you have one.