Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

58Bonne's 1958 Bonneville

2019 June
of the Month

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

We are a community of Pontiac enthusiasts. The purpose of our community is to keep alive the Pontiac spirit by sharing (or showing off) our cars, discussing Pontiac, helping each other work on our cars and find information, plus attend various meets/shows/etc... To aid discussion, sharing, event planning and selling of parts/cars/anything, we have various parts of the website to aid this from Forums to an online Garage to Classifieds to even a Document Download Repository. You can find links to these in our navigation above based on what each section helps with (discussion, local events, learning, etc...).

We invite you to contribute, find help or just view some of our member's amazing cars! Don't forget, we also have great contests from time to time (like our Pontiac of the Month and yearly calendar contest) and our Pontiac This OR That, a fun game where you choose the best of two randomly selected Pontiacs from our online garage.

We look forward to seeing you around!

Sign in to follow this  
aiden

to buy or not to buy?

Question

ok its time to help my g/f buy a car, she has the money and all that crap so here we go

we found a 2002 grand am se 2 door with 113xxx

the 3400, auto tranny, sun roof, power window and locks, the alloy rims, cruise control, the monsoon radio, great paint, and insides are all good, runs out great,

just had brakes redone and some front end work done

the only prob im having is the price. they want 8500 for it how low should i try to get them? i know its over priced

also how good are these cars with high miles? there is one with 160xxx for 4500

any help would be great thanks

11 answers to this question

KKB value for that GA is 3500-3900. Those guys are on something. And while the N-bodies can take high mileage, you need to know how well it was maintained, 160K? I'd be leary of it...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

its sitting at a stealership :{ and there out the ass value is 5900 or something like that and thanks about the advice on the milegae

No problem. I've been seeing too many sellers selling GA's at stupid high prices... Oy...

Damn, you could probably find an 05 or 06 g6 for that kind of money. I only payed 10k for my 07 with 48k miles a year ago.

Yea as Chris said that's definitely a lot and I'd really watch the higher mileage cars

The same thing happened when GM killed Oldsmobile. People, especially dealerships, jacked up their prices in an attempt "to get 'em before they're gone!!" If you like the car, go in and offer what the value is. The worst the dealer can say is no. Then you walk away and keep looking. I bet you get a call in a few days asking if you still want it, at your price.

You can get a better deal than that.... typical stealership overpricing the heck out of cars that were traded in for next to nothing!!!.... :lol2:

113k and 160k, that is a lot of miles for a 2002, my '86 came with 126k. More miles will keep the price down, but a 2002 should only have about 95-100k average on them. Think about 12k a year.

thanks guys and girl ,

ill keep yall posted on what happens

See if the LIM was replaced, if not, walk away.

trust me

the lim hasnt been replaced, u can tell by looking

thank u