Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Pontiac Preferred Owner Program

To: Buick, Pontiac and GMC Dealers

Subject: Pontiac Preferred Owner Program

Date: January 1, 2010

With the announcement to phase out the Pontiac brand, we know that retaining these owners is paramount to our future success. Working in conjunction with the Buick GMC Dealer Council, we’ve developed a new initiative to help get these customers back in your service lanes and ultimately your showrooms.

To let Pontiac customers know how much we value them, we are pleased to announce the Pontiac Preferred Owner Program. This year long initiative includes a private offer for one year of free maintenance. This program will cover up to four of your customers’ maintenance needs as it relates to oil changes and tire rotations as outlined below:

* Lube, Oil and Filter

* Tire Rotation (as required)

* 27 Point Vehicle Inspection

The Pontiac Preferred Offer Direct Mail Creative and Certificate are attached to assist with your understanding of the program.

Target Audience:

Pontiac owners who bought new or certified used from dealers who signed participation agreements

Private Service Offer:

This year long initiative includes a private offer for one year of free maintenance. This program will cover up to four of your customers’ maintenance needs as it relates to oil changes and tire rotations as outlined below:

* Lube, Oil and Filter

* Tire Rotation (as required)

* 27 Point Vehicle Inspection

The offer expires on 12/31/10 and is listed on the front of the certificate that the customer will receive in a Direct Mail communication. Dealers that did not opt out of the program will receive a fixed reimbursement amount: $20 for the service using conventional oil and $35 for the service using synthetic oil.

Below you will find the reimbursement details for the offer:

DEALER REIMBURSEMENT PROCESS

For each valid lube, oil, filter, four-tire rotation, and 27-point vehicle inspection certificate redeemed at your dealership, GM will reimburse your dealership as follows:

1. With conventional oil: $20.00

2. With synthetic oil: $35.00

Dealers who submit claims through WINS are to use the following codes:

Labor Operation Code: Z2236

Customer Code: MJ

Failure Code: 98

Submit oil change reimbursement amount as a Net Item Amount

Enter the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on the Warranty Claim

Dealers who submit claims through the Global Warranty Management System (GWM) are to use the following codes:

Labor Operation Code: Z2236

ZSSP Transaction Type

Submit as a Miscellaneous Net Item Amount

Enter the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on the Warranty Claim

Claims for model year vehicles 2000 or older:

* Claims submitted through WINS: Dealers can use their Auth Code G.

* Claims submitted through GWM: Wholesale authorization is required. H route to your GM Field Representative.

Terms and Conditions of the Program:

Redeemable only at participating GM dealers for up to four (4) lube-oil-filters, four-tire rotations and 27-point vehicle inspections for VIN shown on the front of this certificate between January 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010. Includes factory-fill grade of oil as outlined in your owner’s manual. Balancing tires extra. Original certificate must be presented to your GM dealer representative at the time of service, and the price for your lube-oil-filter, four-tire rotation and 27-point vehicle inspection will be deducted from your service transaction. Limit one service offer certificate per household, at a participating GM dealer. Offer is nonnegotiable and not redeemable for cash. Resale is strictly prohibited. General Motors and participating GM dealers are not responsible for lost or stolen certificates.

Offer:

Up to Four (4) Complimentary services including:

* Lube, Oil, Filter

* Four-Tire Rotation

* 27-Point Vehicle Inspection

LOF:

Goodwrench Motor Oil and ACDelco Oil Filter. Includes factory-fill grade of oil as outlined in the vehicle’s owner’s manual.

Four-tire Rotation:

Check tire inflation pressures and adjust as necessary. Inspect all four tires for damage and excess wear. Rotate all four tires and torque wheel nuts as recommended.

27-Point Vehicle Inspection:

Perform a GM Goodwrench 27-Point Vehicle Inspection that includes:

Inspect fluid levels, check steering, suspension, wiper blades, exhaust, undercarriage, belts and hose.

Not Transferable:

Offer is vehicle specific and is ONLY available on the vehicle the offer was issued. Offer is NOT transferable.

Consumer must not be charged for additional fees such as shop supplies, disposal fees or taxes for this complimentary service. Dealer must abide by any applicable local tax laws.

Dealers agree to perform the services outlined above and will accept the described fixed reimbursement amount as payment in full unless an opt-out form was submitted by the Dealer Operator or Executive Manager by December 17, 2009.

Good Selling,

SweeneySignature.jpg

Brian Sweeney

General Manager

Buick GMC

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Well if your out of warranty they can't say no. I read the whole thing and it said nothing about being in warranty to redeem. The dealer you bought your car from will send you the card and go redeem.

The only reason they don't want mods on in warranty is something could break and it may not have been "wear and tare" issues, you could have broke something with the mod thus they would not pay for this. Seeing as its just an oil change, tire rotation and 27 point inspection, they aren't having to fix anything so I don't see the problem they would have with mods. They might say something about it and try to convince to take it off but they should let you get it.

I bet, once this program rolls out, you can call Pontiac customer assistance and ask for it...

It does say that the program is non-transferable from vehicle to vehicle. So you used car buyers might be able to use it as well.

I bet, once this program rolls out, you can call Pontiac customer assistance and ask for it...

It does say that the program is non-transferable from vehicle to vehicle. So you used car buyers might be able to use it as well.

That would be sweet!

Booo for having not bought my 6 from a Pontiac Dealership! :D

Agreed! I bout mine from Kia of August, GA, but hmmm, you really think they would still let us in after this program kicks off? I know the dealership loves seeing my car because it's different, and I could use the free tire rotation, but they can't touch my oil, it has to be changed at a certain time with a certain product... and does the 27 point inspection just a physical inspection, or do they hook up the diagnostic and check the car too?

• Founders

Agreed! I bout mine from Kia of August, GA, but hmmm, you really think they would still let us in after this program kicks off? I know the dealership loves seeing my car because it's different, and I could use the free tire rotation, but they can't touch my oil, it has to be changed at a certain time with a certain product... and does the 27 point inspection just a physical inspection, or do they hook up the diagnostic and check the car too?

Dunno if they will allow but won't hurt to ask :D

Here's what they do for the 27 point inspection

http://www.goodwrench.com/_res/pdf/MultiPo...pectionForm.pdf

• Founders

Received this in the mail today!!!! Along with a $1,000 off a new GM car :lol2:

Plus a Summit mag with a pic of the Pontiac G6 GXP-R Summit racing vehicle on it!

• 4 months later...

I went in this morning for my free oil change. :welcomeFP::lol2::dancingpontiac:

Thanks General :cheers:

did you get the letter in the mail? cuz you will need that for your 4 free oil changes

yea I got mine like 2 or 4 months ago and you need it.