Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Welcome to the New Forever Pontiac

• Founders

Welcome to the new and improved Forever Pontiac!

We upgraded the software that our forum runs and there is a lot of new goodies! Things are easier to do and function. As with upgrading to new software, please let us know in this topic if you find anything that is broken or not as it should. There are a few things that are still "rebuilding" and should soon finish (such as old posts and their formatting).

Just some of the new features:

• Responsive layout (no more different desktop and mobile versions of the site, it is 1 experience!)
  • Update WYSIWYG editor for posting. See everything in real time!
  • Drag and drop uploading!
  • Mentions (@useranme will allow you to alert anyone)

Overall we are excited to welcome you to this and are in process of upgrading our "How-Tos" so please be patient.

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Yup, it's a responsive theme so no longer are there any "desktop" or "mobile" modes. It's all one experience and will adjust depending on the screensize

hey, the site hasnt unexpectedly logged me out yet. cool! also, on my phone, it shows some asian symbol at the top where the "+create" is at. and everything on the side of the homepage like our stats, posts and whatnot are all on the bottom. is there anything i can do to make it look like on my laptop?

• Founders

Nice! Yeah, I see that too. Am looking into it, one of the icons isn't loading correctly.

Yeah, I can add another theme that doesn't have responsive but that means I have to manage 2 themes. We'll see :lol: 

no no, its fine. ill get used to it. jus thought it was worth a mention since my cell doesnt see it 100% like on the laptop. now, i jus have to really get used to the "unread posts" section. seems way different to me. and looking at my avy, i need a new one that fits. jus a thought, possible to make the POTM winner pic a bit bigger? or using the square/rectangle? 

• Founders

Cool, yup most things are different and you can build your own stream to configure what you want to see. I'll probably be changing it as time goes on but felt bad asituation we just announced it

Yep now I can reply lol, thanks Ringo. 

Only problem I have right now is Tapatalk doesn't seem to be working now. Sign-in service and trying to manually enter username and password isn't working. 

Also, will the shoutbox be returning?

Other than that Ghost already touched on some of the things I was thinking like the POTM picture.

Looks great overall!

• Founders
8 minutes ago, havoc1482 said:

Only problem I have right now is Tapatalk doesn't seem to be working now. Sign-in service and trying to manually enter username and password isn't working. 

Haven't installed Tapatalk just yet. It is known to cause issues so letting the forum software run on it's own right now till I can ensure everything is OK.

• Founders
12 hours ago, Professur said:

I want FP classic.

As this is our 2nd major change in the past 6 years we've been around, I understand that there may be hesitance. Overall though it is a great leap forward into technology and makes some things that were not so easy in the previous version, easier now. Give it a chance and I really think you'll like it ;) 

• Founders
3 minutes ago, Professur said:

It's not so much hesitation, as 'can't find shite'.  It's like when the Stacey David website did it's last upheaval.

What are you looking for?

27 minutes ago, Professur said:

It's not so much hesitation, as 'can't find shite'.  It's like when the Stacey David website did it's last upheaval.

Its the same basic layout as the last version...

• Like 1

• Founders
1 minute ago, Professur said:

The New Posts button was a personal favorite of mine.

Click "Unread Content" or in the navigation Activity -> Unread Content OR Activity -> All Activity

Same results but new look and feel plus different names as there is much more flexibility.

2 hours ago, Professur said:

The New Posts button was a personal favorite of mine.

YES!!! i dont like that peoples status, garage pics and every single post shows up instead of jus the thread. but im slowly getting used to it.

• Founders

@Ghost and @Professur, if you do not like the current one, you can create your own. You can "edit" a default one by under the title clicking "Edit this Stream" and you can decide what you want to see. Alternatively, you can go to the "Activity" tab and click "My Activity Streams" and then click "Create New Stream" and select what you want to see in a stream.

Awesome job! Great design skills!  To have those kind of skills AND own a Pontiac... hmmm On a side note fellas, I was on my way to O'reilly yesterday and a G8 passed me and we both turned into O reilly. She was a 6.2 and sounded freakin wicked. (My first one to see up close - don't get out much) Might have a new wish for Xmas...?