Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

His N Hers shifter

So my #1 fav GTO option has always been the His N Hers shifter. But from the start of my build with the car, the option was intoduced on the 67.  I was inside out when Frosty got his. Turned green when Indyjoe had his, now 360 Rocket has his installed.  AHHHH

So this morning I got a call with some bad news about an old friend with stage 4 cancer.  He said he has a complete console, the shifter, cables N brackets.  And he wants to see it in my car.  Name your price buddy.  He replied.... I'm happy knowing that everytime you shift your car, you'll think about me. 

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

First off, prayers for your friend. I can tell ya even more importantly than 'correct or matching numbers" is having some of the iconic options that were offered to GTO owners at least in my opinion. Those being, hood tach, rear spoliers, Ram Air, tri-power, and Hurst shifters, namely the dual gate shifter. Model correctness or not, I will add as many of those iconic options as I can to ANY GTO that I own. I applaud you for adding this option and honoring your friend.

Like to thank you all for pushing some good thoughts N prayers Brian's way.  He starts chemo/radiation on Tues.  Got chills this afternoon when out of the blue another bud I worked with many years ago showed up at my door.  And he brought me a retro Pontiac employee hat with the chief logo from the OL engine plant 9.  Where I started my career with PMD.  Said he was gonna toss it, but got thinkin about me and was a great excuse to stop by N say HI.  Goes to show ya....Pontiac guys N gals are family forever.

• Like 1