Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

82' Trans Am - Value?

My mother has asked me to look into selling our Trans Am.  However, I have no idea what the value of these is at the present moment.  It's also got a ridiculous 80's paint job.  Hoping the community can at least get me to a realistic value.  Low miles under 25K, manual and I think it's got a 305.  Any help would be appreciated.

post-2640-0-43467700-1444608000_thumb.jp

post-2640-0-19597100-1444608015_thumb.jp

post-2640-0-20806100-1444608022_thumb.jp

post-2640-0-87928600-1444608026_thumb.jp

post-2640-0-52846000-1444608032_thumb.jp

post-2640-0-31436600-1444608038_thumb.jp

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Actually the hood N roof are kinda cool, but the sides kill it.  Low miles N great shape, esp with the stick, should be an easy sell. Wish I could give you a number to start with, but alot rides on where you live.  There are car appraisers that will give you a written statement on value.  That's huge to show someone interested in buying and why your asking that amount for the car.

1982 with under 25k? Body might be great, but your drive train is gonna be shite. Dry seals are gonna crack and leak as soon as you fire it up. No great loss as the 305 really isn't worth the effort of rebuilding. If the tires are vintage, they'll all need replaced. Rubber ages, even if you keep it out of the sun. Inspectors are paying attention to tire dates now.  That ridiculous paint job is actually your best selling point. Push that and you might get a good 15K. from the right guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the responses.  I am going to start reaching out to the clubs in the area where the vehicle is located to see if there is any interest.  Any other ideas on where I might be able to find buyers (other than eBay and Craigslist)?

Were it mine, I'd drop a grand on it and get it rolling under it's own power. Then feel out local clubs and TRAILER it to their shows. Using a trailer shows respect and increases apparent value, being able to start it increases interest and makes it appear well looked after. Getting it in people's face instead of insisting they come to you increases your audience.