Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

If you've already known about how unique my Firebird is, and how long I've wanted to change things. You need no explanation. But for those of you who do.

When I purchased my Firebird, the previous owner had shaved the doors, removed the rear spoiler, left the interior with missing parts, and left me with motivation to get this baby looking like it used to in the 80s. 

And finally, craigslist came through to me. I found the doors I needed, the rear spoiler, and the T-Tops bag (with a spare set of tops!). 

The doors are off a '86 I assume, the interior panels are off an earlier 80s firebird so I'll have to change things around a bit (with the arm rest mounting brackets especially), the spoiler looks like it'll fit. The wiring on the doors is mostly intact. I'm hoping to get everything painted in the spring, including the car (the clear coat is coming off and the poor girl needs a new paint job.) Lastly, the doors need new locks on the outside. So I'll be busy in the spring. I want to thank everyone that's helped me out on here, I could never be more happy with the community here! You guys and gals are awesome! I'll be around still, because I might be needing questions answered later on in the year haha!

• 2 weeks later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I, for one, am glad you have decided to take matters into your own hands and fix things. You should be able to buy a new set of door locks from one of the catalog suppliers and then you should be able to take to a local locksmith and match it up to your existing key set (e.g. matching the door locks to the trunk key).

We will definitely be here for you.

Good luck !