Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1985 Parisienne build thread.

Hey everyone. So if you read my introduction, you know I bought this car (coined the Master Blaster) for 500 dollars a month or so ago. The car is a Brougham, and sports a hugely under powered Chevy 305ci engine, with a 700r4 transmission. The radiator was absolutely trashed when I bought it, with vanes literally falling off. Also , the alternator got a new replacement. Right now, she's on a lift getting an alignment . Issues prevailing now are:

1. Passenger side wiper works when it wants to.

2. I have a suspicion that at least one head gasket has a hairline crack. Short burst of blue smoke during startup after sitting 4+ hours. No fluid mixing, very little coolant loss as well, but the radiator shop found exhaust gases in the cooling system. A motor rebuild/swap are probably not too far off.

3. Just talked to the alignment shop and the lower ball joints are done. Plus the idler arm.

4. Only the defroster works. No AC either.

5. Thermostat/temp sensor/sending unit.

6. Minor body work/passenger side mirror.

7. All new weather stripping. Front two doors leak, and the trunk leaks.

She runs and drives decently but I'm trying to get as much done mechanically by winter. The car sat for 13 years and I'm wondering if maybe that's why the head gasket went?

Thanks for reading, and I will be posting updates as they come in.

ec1729ec0928fcc0d129fe5c338e899d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Sweet, someone to share stories with. If there's anything better to drive, I don't wanna know about it. Hard enough getting outta the driver's seat as is. Do yourself a favour ... the brake lines from the master cylinder are clamped to the frame just below the coils. Check that spot for corrosion and change it before it fails. Lucky bastich for getting the 4 speed. Mine came with the 200c. Have you figured out your rear end ratio? The 700 is a HEAVY trans for the 305 ... lotta parasitic loss. Mine isn't all that hot off the line, but once you get her on the highway ... she pulls. Relentless would be a good word for it.

moved to Progression

Rockauto is awesome. Not just saying that because they put a link to here on their site :lol:

:rolleyes: riiight... :P