Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

death by keyless

Ghost

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

after consumers failed to manually shut off their engines

Yes, let's continue to blame everyone except for the true person to blame.

As a driver/owner/user of a vehicle you have the same responsibility if it was a regular key start or keyless. This is just down right silly.

how stupid does one have to be? i think people are actually stupid now. whether its keyed or keyless, the hand still goes to the dash to turn it on and off. and i wouldnt want auto shutoff when keyless leaves the car.

Ringo is correct, IMO. It is a lack of accepting the responsibility to turn the car off after being careless or stupid. I think it is more of the latter than the former.

Yeah I am. I just can't help at laugh at that. How can you just 'forget' to turn the car off?? This is why highschools need to have a mandatory basic automotive class or something. The disconnect between man(women) and machine these days is disturbing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

in a world filled by selfies and 6 second videos, these kids only think of themselves and have short attention spans. but that idea for an auto/technology (new and old) sounds good.

in a world filled by selfies and 6 second videos, these kids only think of themselves and have short attention spans. but that idea for an auto/technology (new and old) sounds good.

Highschool today doesn't teach you sh*t. Like, my financial literacy class was an elective. Majority of my class didn't even know how to fill out a check. (Graduated in 2012)

There should be like a 'basic home skills' class. Balance a check book, change a tire, writing a resume. That kinda stuff.  Highschool only sets you up for college and the value of a diploma in the workforce these days is a joke which is sickening because college prices are outrageous and most kids can't afford it. 

lol  I got into this laughable argument on facebook between some woman and Chris (Chaos) + Me a while back. She was defending her poorly maintained car because shes "broke". We basically told her that basic shit like changing your own oil or not slamming on brakes, or "jackrabbit" starts, not shifting between Drive/Reverse while rolling, ect can severely increase the life of your vehicle and reduce maintenance costs (or at least reduce the frequency). She played the ignorance card and we told her the irony was that she was on the internet, a vast database of all sorts of knowledge at your fingertips.

• Founders

She played the ignorance card and we told her the irony was that she was on the internet, a vast database of all sorts of knowledge at your fingertips.

OMG this! Granted the internet is not the most reliable source but again that is something by the time you're out of high school you should know how to find a reliable source. It's down right frustrating how many people I work with just "give up" on a problem and I tell them to check they internet and they claim "they did." I then spend 2 seconds researching and have a solution.