Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1999 pontiac grand am gt help

I know a lot of the threads are about older pontiacs, but i have a 1999 pontiac grand am gt and its got quite a few mods and i was looking for advice on where i would be able to find a in car tuner or any tuner and if i need a chip too so i can get my car to how it should be running. Performance wise i just have a CAI and flowmaster/magnaflow custom exhaust. Any help will be aprreciated

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

What are you looking to tune for? Just these mods? Bump up to a higher octane table? 

A "chip" will be worthless, don't buy one of those online. It may even ruin your car.

• Founders

I was told with my intake and exhaust id have to buy a tuner to get the full benefits out of it

In my experience, I wouldn't say you need to but you can definitely take better advantage of both with a tune. Are there any plans to do anything else with the GA?

I know a lot of the threads are about older pontiacs, but i have a 1999 pontiac grand am gt and its got quite a few mods and i was looking for advice on where i would be able to find a in car tuner or any tuner and if i need a chip too so i can get my car to how it should be running. Performance wise i just have a CAI and flowmaster/magnaflow custom exhaust. Any help will be aprreciated

With only a CAI and exhaust, you'll find that the cost of tuning won't really gain much in hp.  I think Milzy still tunes GA's but I'm not sure.  There's very little aftermarket left for these cars and not much hp gain without some major engine/trans work.  Visit GrandAmGT.com for more GA specific info and some sponsor links to the few guys who still offer parts/tuning for GA's.

• 3 months later...

You could buy HPTuners. It is an expensive piece of software, but it lets you make a lot of changes to your ECM calibration. It works for many, many GM models. I have found it indispensable and use it on all of my GM vehicles. You don't need to have modifications to benefit from a few changes to your tune.

Be forewarned, you should really look into how to tune your car before you start making changes. Lurk on the forums on hptuners.com for a while and learn as much as you can.

• 2 months later...

yes milzymotorsports.com is still open and still has lots of stuff for them.

a tune can always benefit. Revome restrictions tune for a higher octane will definitely help.