Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

possible pcm problems help!!

i have a tech question for ya, about 2weeks ago i lost third gear. I dropped the pan and everything was clean no metal shavings fluid looked new. Now today after work I started my car and my DIC said "service abs, no traction control, no stability control, and no steering assist. I took it to Orilleys to have them scan the pcm. It said tcm read error, bcm read error, speed sensor error,and some others things. I get the feeling that my pcm is bad. It is a 04 grand prix gtp comp g with 75k miles. What are your thoughts folks. Thank you

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

My first thought would be to check your speed sensors and brake booster module and harnesses for moisture and/or corrision. Drying them out and applying some di-electric grease might help. Those would things certain impact the ABS/Stablitrak/traction control systems. Using compressed air to blow out any dirt from the connections is a good thing. You may have a faulty speed sensor on one of the wheels that may need replacing too. These Grand Prixes have had issues with this in the past. 

A poor or faulty ground is another possibity, but those can be a devil trying to find too. So check each wheel well, the brake booster, and ECM in the engine compartment for any loose, broken, or missing wires and connections.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you frosty.  I did indeed unplug the the harness and cleaned them out and now it is intermintent, so i think the sensors may be loose or possibly bad. 

Also i ended up buying a new pcm from Will at Overkill and i must say I freaking love it.  The throttle response in amazing, engine stays much cooler,  a much better ride overall.  I definetly recomend this pcm.