Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

PONTIAC NATIONALS & CAMMER REUNION, NORWALK OHIO

• 7 months later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

She's still looking good...

OHIO%20034.jpg

OHIO%20037.jpg

OHIO%20035.jpg

OHIO%20036.jpg

OHIO%20067.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm Jack, new to foreverpontiac. I own a '66 Tempest Sprint convertible and would like to be in touch with other owners of this cool engine. Is there a dedicated group for this?

Thanks for any info!

IMG_2774.jpg

Jack;

The OVERHEAD CAMMER CHAPTER of POCI. http://www.ohc6.com We are the only group dedicated to the Pontiac OHC 6 engine.                                                                         We also have a very active FACEBOOK page.

Cheers

Edited by SPRINT 6

Jack - Sprint 6 is spot on with the OHC6 chapter of the Pontiac Oakland Club International. It is one of several specialty chapter that POCI has.

Sprint 6 is our resident OHC6 guru too. So he's a great guy to get to know period, and he knows a thing or two about the OHC6 too. :rolleyes:

Sprint & Frosty, Thanks for replying. I'll check out the Oakland club's site.

It looks like mine will need a rebuild (only 60 PSI in two of the cylinders). Something 'fun' to use my tax refund on. ;)

• 1 month later...

Sprint/Frosty,

I'm having no luck finding a place to take on the rebuild for my 'cammer'. Can you guys recommend any sources of information or an actual shop I can reach out to?

Jack

Jack,

You might post your request over on our FB page for possible leads for this.

Cheers

https://www.facebook.com/groups/101397131868358

Edited by SPRINT 6

On 4/20/2018 at 8:33 PM, freejak said:

Sprint/Frosty,

I'm having no luck finding a place to take on the rebuild for my 'cammer'. Can you guys recommend any sources of information or an actual shop I can reach out to?

Jack

I am friends with the good folks at Givens Machine Shop in Charleston WV. Contact Janie Givens at (304) 342-0171. Tell them Dennis from Michigan referred you. Ask them how the shop cat named "Paper Weight" is doing. They do Chevys, Ford, Pontiacs, and diesels. They should be able to help you.

Thanks Frosty! I'll be in touch with them. Even if the engine is a 'no go', that's one of the 5 best names for a cat in history!

Freejak - its been awhile since I've been in the shop, however, Paper Weight is absolutely the most appropriate name for this cat. It literally lies on the counter, anyone's desk and paper work, etc. like a true paper weight.

Janie and her twin sister run the business office and their brother Rob runs the machine shop operations. So just explain what all you are looking for. They will be honest with you for sure.