Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

PONTIAC NATIONALS & CAMMER REUNION, NORWALK OHIO

HOLY COW WHAT A WEEKEND :pontiac: 

Man o Man it was said they had over a 1000 cars both racing & showing.

I think it was almost an even split.

Our Cammer Reunion was a true success, with 13 of the 17 making it in.

Not bad for a specialty chapter spread across the world, Yes we have members in Sweden, Australia, Italy, Canada and I believe we have a member in France.   

I've not been out since '08 and it exceeded my expectations hands down!

Sit back and enjoy my sample of some of the Pontiac Iron on site  :drool: 

http://s412.photobucket.com/user/SPRINT-6/slideshow/2015%20PONTIAC%20NATIONALS

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Wow!... awesome show! It must be an incredible feeling to be a part of all those Pontiacs in one place!  :dancingpontiac:

Thank you for sharing your excellent pictures, SPRINT 6.   :cheers:

I've actually seen two of your group in person...

BB6_1_14045_zpsdfc79c10.jpg

BB6_1_14038_zpscde4299b.jpg

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the color of this '67 convertible appears to be the rare, one year only, Plum Mist...

OHIO%20029_zpsz7dbp1n3.jpg

Love your '66, SPRINT 6!  :woot:  

OHIO%20031_zpsxwauo8pj.jpg

I love this cool '65 GTO, SPRINT 6. For those that don't know, it is in one year only Iris Mist- pretty rare on a GTO because it was considered a girlie color, but I dig the contrast of the color with ram air tri-power (I assume it's got the 4-speed) and the no-nonsense look of the steel wheels with dog dish hubcaps.

OHIO%20089_zps4090o1yn.jpg

HOLY COW WHAT A WEEKEND :pontiac: 

Man o Man it was said they had over a 1000 cars both racing & showing.

I think it was almost an even split.

Our Cammer Reunion was a true success, with 13 of the 17 making it in.

Not bad for a specialty chapter spread across the world, Yes we have members in Sweden, Australia, Italy, Canada and I believe we have a member in France.   

I've not been out since '08 and it exceeded my expectations hands down!

Sit back and enjoy my sample of some of the Pontiac Iron on site  :drool: 

http://s412.photobucket.com/user/SPRINT-6/slideshow/2015%20PONTIAC%20NATIONALS

Awesome pictures there Sprint 6. I was at my local cruise on Friday and I ran into some fellow Widetrackers. They were weekend widows because their hubbies were all at Norwalk too. Damn I wish I could have gone.

I know Mac McKellar would have been proud of your Cammer Reunion bud!!!

First time I've seen a A-body station wagon with the original OHC 6 still in it. I shouldn't be surprised since it was the base motor. It's just most wagons had their OHC 6s pulled out in favor of a V8 at some point in time.

Thanks Guys always glad to share images.

Frosty,

That '67 wagon is a very seldom seen HO version. Not referred to as a SPRINT.

1967 was the only year Pontiac offered the 4BC OHC 6 in their A-Body wagons and this is one of them.

Fully PHS documented, top that off with 3 of the known 6 owners being present at the show, WOW!

OHIO%20037.jpg

OHIO%20036.jpg

OHIO%20035.jpg

120d.jpg

12.photobucket.com/user/SPRINT-6/media/THIS%20AND%20THAT/OHIO%20067.jpg.html'>OHIO%20067.jpg

I know of only one other HO OHC 6 wagon.

• Like 1

Thanks for pointing out that wagon, Frosty.

And thanks SPRINT 6 for sharing the story of that wagon... I had no idea I was looking at such a rare Pontiac!

Thanks Guys always glad to share images.

Frosty,

That '67 wagon is a very seldom seen HO version. Not referred to as a SPRINT.

1967 was the only year Pontiac offered the 4BC OHC 6 in their A-Body wagons and this is one of them.

Fully PHS documented, top that off with 3 of the known 6 owners being present at the show, WOW!

OHIO%20037.jpg

OHIO%20036.jpg

OHIO%20035.jpg

120d.jpg

OHIO%20067.jpg

I know of only one other HO OHC 6 wagon.

This second batch of photos on the wagon do it justice Sprint 6 !!! I just now noticed the two tone paint scheme. White roof and a blue body along with blue  A, B, and C pillars....again a rarity among wagons. The owner has show remarkable restraint on this car. The only mod I see is the speakers in the door. Even the dog dish wheels are stock. The fact that it is also an H.O. car definitely makes it even rarer.  Any PHS numbers on how rare it is?

• Like 1

This second batch of photos on the wagon do it justice Sprint 6 !!! I just now noticed the two tone paint scheme. White roof and a blue body along with blue  A, B, and C pillars....again a rarity among wagons. The owner has show remarkable restraint on this car. The only mod I see is the speakers in the door. Even the dog dish wheels are stock. The fact that it is also an H.O. car definitely makes it even rarer.  Any PHS numbers on how rare it is?

OHC%206%20SPRINT-4BC%20PRODUCTION%201967

• Like 1

OK - as a wagon with the HO OHC 6 and automatic transmission options, it is one of 47. I am already very, very impressed.

I imagine there is probably no way to know how the two tone color options on this car might break this car down even further. It could be a one of one when all is said and done. I doubt PHS could give us that level of granularity though.

Thanks for sharing Sprint 6 !!!   :clapping:

• Like 1

wwoooooooowwwww.

:woot:

Awesome pictures! Love that Plum Mist and the wagon!

:agreed: im liking that Plum Mist.

That stunning PLUM MIST '67 belongs to Mike & Lori Paulson

OHIO%20029b.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, That '67 belongs to Craig Stein. 

That color combo and appearance are over the top, The picture you posted is from this past POCI Convention.

Our club awarded him this years CAMMER of the YEAR.

574.jpg

I love suff like this SPRINT 6! It looks like with only 8 produced, the '67 Tempest Safari wagon with HO OHC 6 and manual transmission, is just as rare as a '69 Trans Am convertible! (Maybe rarer, as I believe all 8 '69 TA convertibles are accounted for.)

I love stuff like this SPRINT 6! It looks like with only 8 produced, the '67 Tempest Safari wagon with HO OHC 6 and manual transmission, is just as rare as a '69 Trans Am convertible! (Maybe rarer, as I believe all 8 '69 TA convertibles are accounted for.)

Without question one of the "rarest" (and I hate that word,but it really does apply) OHC's would indeed be a standard trans Safari wagon. But in reality ANY Safari is hard to come by;

1967%20WAGON%20BROCHURE%208.jpg

• Like 1

FWIW; Here is the second HO wagon I know of.

6a.jpg

6b_1.jpg

​This '67 was a HPP feature, it the link below it is incorrectly referred to as a SPRINT wagon.

​See bottom of page for wagon;

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/hppp-1005-1969-pontiac-firebird-1970-pontiac-lemans/

Thanks for the link SPRINT 6. I have heard more about '60s factory freaks from Pontiac than any other manufacturer (probably because I have read more about Pontiacs than any other car company, lol). It kind of makes sense because according to the article, DeLorean more or less encouraged salesmen to order whatever crazy combo of options and paint the customer wanted. 

Frosty...

This link also says that only 30 1971 LeMans Sports were built with the 455 four-barrel and endura styling option. How many of your '72s were built?

Here's another noteworthy '67 from our reunion/club.

Fred's 1967 SPRINT 4 speed 4 door Hardtop 23369, another low production model.

OHIO%20025.jpg

OHIO%20025a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's a nice driver at best with way too many negatives.

Description alone lacks any value, i.e. no mention of PHS documentation.

A fully correct restored doesn't even book at a high point of 56K

Then just looking at all the worn and/or incorrect parts from the images,

IMO put that car in a 17-19.5 value range and even that could be a hard sell. 

Sadly the 6  diminishes value with a 10% negative.

But as my Grandfather always said there is an A$$ for every seat ;) 

Whenever I'm asked what's it worth the most honest answer I can give is only what someone is willing to pay.