Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Michael Dalke's 1967 Firebird

2020 March
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

Sign in to follow this  
Frosty

Pontiac-Oakland Museum - Pontiac, Illinois

Great post, Frosty! Always love reading (and seeing!) about your adventures!

The museum, although very small, definitely looks like a place to be for any Pontiac enthusiast. Have to say, I haven't see (or don't remember) that Grand Am Wagon, that thing is pretty nice. I am always a fan of a wagon done right.

How does that work out for Eric or the photographer? Does he get royalties or was it a one time payment to use the photo?

Thanks for the compliment Ringo !!!

I have no idea how the royalties work. Unfortunately, Paul died in 2011, so if there are any commercial royalties, I would expect it to go to his widow and/or estate. Eric has never told me that he has gotten anything for the book. I might ask him some day though. Although I rather doubt he gets a dime of it.

I agree with you that it is a must see place. Every Pontiac enthusiast should put it on their bucket list and go visit. Nearby Route 66 is a must do and a lot of fun too.

Tim showed me a first edition 1927 Oakland service manual while we were in the library. He gets copies of all the POCI chapter newsletters/magazines, including the Widetrackers "Tracker". He had an issue of the Tracker that I can't recall reading before.

Tim and Penny will be speaking at the Motor City POCI Chapter's car show/event in July at Baker's in Milford (in Indymanjoe's backyard) this summer too. If I have that day off from baseball, I will try to get down to see them again.

Good work Frosty! I would love to go there someday.

btw, there is a grand prix 2+2 near me that has been sitting outside for years... pretty sad. I might try to get some pics, just afraid of getting shot. :unsure:

Thanks stratman.

Its worth rescuing because so few were built. As long as the back glass and rear unique sheet metal is intact, a donor Grand Prix could be used to restore the rest of it.

Oh, and be sure to duck....a lot.

that looks like an awesome place!

Great write-up! I love stopping at that museum when we pass that way. Tim and Penny are extremely nice and the displays are always cool and changing. 

I swore I posted on this.  Nice story bro.  

Great write-up! I love stopping at that museum when we pass that way. Tim and Penny are extremely nice and the displays are always cool and changing. 

I agree with you FlyGTO. Tim and Penny are suppose to be here in Michigan in July. I hope I have time to catch up with them.