Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hey guys new here

Howdy. Been around gms my whole life. This is my 1997 pontiac grand am gt. It only has 28k original miles. Unfortunately the previous owner drove it daily and neglected it for two years, but the original owner took great car of it. It's in pretty great shape. I've slowly been fixing it. So far this is what I've done So far.

2 window regulators

Water pump

Intake gaskets

2 Moog wheel bearings

2 axles

Brake drums

Brake shoes

Wheel cylinders

Rotors

Pads

2 Monroe struts

Wheel sensors

There's more, I know there is I just can't think. Here's the parts I have in the garage waiting to go in

3.5 lx9 v6 (out of a pontiac g6 2007)

Get rag 5 sped trans.

Ported upper and lower 3500 manifolds

Ported and polished 3500 heads.

The car should be a rocket when it's done. It's quick now. The car has been brought back to great driving condition. It's almost like a new car. Hoping to be in the low - mid 14s after the swap. Maybe even faster after the mNifolds and heads. Who knows ? Anywho, this is way different from my style (rwd v8 cars) but I love this car. It's fun to drive. Here is what is done to the 3100 v6.

3400 upper intake manifold (ported)

3400 lower intake (ported)

62mm throttle body

Custom c.a.i

Ported exhaust manifolds

Custom 2.5 stainless exhaust

180* t Stat

Milzy motorsports pcm reflash

All in all I love the car. I'm looking for a four door because I have a two kid family, but this cat isn't going anywhere. These fourth gen grand ams are getting harder to come by. Anyways, names jeff. I'm from the jersey shore...

Hmm mm can't figure out how to post pics from my phone, but as soon as I do I will

post-2417-0-43509000-1428343390_thumb.jp

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

:welcomeFP:

Should feel like a brand new car when you're done! Thing will get a little extra pep and fuel economy from that LX9, it's a good engine and takes well to any mods you throw at it. Love mine.

Hahaha that's a good one!!! Thanks for the warm welcome guys !!! Hoping I can contribute and when needed, get some help. Yeah I cannot wait for the lx9. The car only weighs 2600 lbs so I'm thinking it'll be fast. What kind of car do you have ? How is it as far as throttle response ? Torque curve etc ? I gotta know what it's like because I can't frigain wait to drive mine. It's just sitting on the stand while I gather up a few more parts As money allows.

• Founders

Hahaha that's a good one!!! Thanks for the warm welcome guys !!! Hoping I can contribute and when needed, get some help. Yeah I cannot wait for the lx9. The car only weighs 2600 lbs so I'm thinking it'll be fast. What kind of car do you have ? How is it as far as throttle response ? Torque curve etc ? I gotta know what it's like because I can't frigain wait to drive mine. It's just sitting on the stand while I gather up a few more parts As money allows.

I have a G6 GT coupe. Never have dyno'd it so I don't know the exact torque curve.