Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Got some good news and some bad news

• Founders

Well I hit a major complication in moving the forum from the previous server to the new one. The story short is I was the last server on FDCservers (old host) before we moved to Foxcore Hosting (My cousins and mine company) and the lovely people over at FDCservers apparently wanted their money and left us with a parting gift of the SQL database going down and being as nice as they are restored it to when nobody was registered and no topics were posted!!!!!! Now this is a big deal but they seem to not be budging at all on the issue and claim it was "not intended" and the data was "corrupted." I don't want to sound like a poor sport and data does get lost and corrupted but at our company we wouldn't just say sorry and forget you your moving anyway.

Anywho I know this looks and sounds bad but it really allows for more improvement it if you think about it! Everybody is still on staff who was, you will have to re-register, re-post and just overall go through everything which I extremely do apologize!! I hope you all do not get turned away from this and hopefully within the next couple days everything will be back to normal and have everything back. I know I'll be on all day so if you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to ask!

Now Finally after all that horrible news we move on to the good news! We have a domain and everybody who was encountering issues should be able to on now at work!! I do not encourage being on at work but I know some of you wanted to check this while in down time! Hopefully you all can get on since this is a new domain and should have no issues as the old one!

Remember please re-register and bare with us while we get everything back to normal!!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's NP at all, we understand and I still stand by my decision to help financially sponsor the forum. At least we now have a domain, and this is a fresh start, just need to get our count back up!

I almost cried a lil while ago... I was like noooooo, what did I do to get banned? Sorry guys... thanks to me pushing the issue to get a new domain... This happened!!!

I almost cried a lil while ago... I was like noooooo, what did I do to get banned? Sorry guys... thanks to me pushing the issue to get a new domain... This happened!!!

Yeah, I thought something similar, I was like WTF, did I get deleted? But at least now we have the domain now, curious, but what are we using on this forum? PHP or what? And are we going to be limited like we are on G6P?

• Founders

Yeah, I thought something similar, I was like WTF, did I get deleted? But at least now we have the domain now, curious, but what are we using on this forum? PHP or what? And are we going to be limited like we are on G6P?

PHP is the language this is coded in, Inivsion Power Board is the name of the forum. What do you mean by limited? Bandwidth and space wise no.

PHP is the language this is coded in, Inivsion Power Board is the name of the forum. What do you mean by limited? Bandwidth and space wise no.

No I remember the guys on the other forum saying something bout the limitations of the the coding, how another coding, don't know the name of it, could give you like garages and other nifty stuff

• Founders

No I remember the guys on the other forum saying something bout the limitations of the the coding, how another coding, don't know the name of it, could give you like garages and other nifty stuff

I'm confused your gonna have to link me me or show me. PHP is really the most dynamic language for websites now a days. There's FLASH but that's created using an Adobe program and in it you can do some interesting things but you usually don't use it on forums.

:lol: It's ok, and what Mark suggested is one of the things I was wondering about, having a 'garage' similar to a cardomain, myspace, and facebook page, each dedicated to each member, which would be the perfect place for each person's progression page

whew. I thought I was getting senile. (hmmm what did I register as my user name?).

Sadness. Should I repost the pictures/intro/progression?

yes... :P

Well, how many more peeps still need to reregister, I think Ghost still needs to, Kyle, and some others... don't feel too bad, we all freaked out, heck I tried getting on during the change over and had no idea what was going on :o

the lesson in all of this is to make sure we back this up next time. But ooooooo well we shall overcome!

the lesson in all of this is to make sure we back this up next time. But ooooooo well we shall overcome!

maybe a warning first? jus a thought.

and thanks Dan.

• Founders

maybe a warning first? jus a thought.

and thanks Dan.

:D thanks guys. Yea I've been backing it up roughly every hour and every night it will do an auto backup

:D thanks guys. Yea I've been backing it up roughly every hour and every night it will do an auto backup

cool. so, am i coming back as Mod?

cool. so, am i coming back as Mod?

Nope, not until Ringo64 or Jedi3 get back on, shoulda had him do it while he was up :D Looks like you are stuck with us normal peeps, Mark have fun :P