Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

My 08 dodge Challenger / Superbird

Anybody heard from GE lately? I think he's fallen off the planet again. Or he's playing with things smarter than him again (which is darn near everything - but especially women).

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

So what's up with him? I texted him a couple of days ago and he seemed under the weather. I am headed back his way in a couple of days - back to Hilton Head. Wondering if I am getting more stump water.

We jsut talked about the lousy brakes on the Sierra and what might be the trouble. He thinks MC as well, or a rubber line hernia. I've never had a MC issue that didn't go to the hard floor. But I've never had a pedal this spongy from just old fluid either. 2 more days and then I'm off for 2 weeks and can tear into it. The bitch is this thing has ABS, and  I don't have the right modules for my Snap On scanner to cycle the solenoids.

Edited by Professur

MT-2500. I can hunt them down on e-bay .. and the necessary obd2 keys .. but at that point I'm approaching the cost of just having the job done by someone else.

4 minutes ago, Professur said:

MT-2500. I can hunt them down on e-bay .. and the necessary obd2 keys .. but at that point I'm approaching the cost of just having the job done by someone else.

That's about what I figured. So what are you going to do about the Sierra?

I know the feeling. I have a crap load of stuff to do just packing, lawn mowing, and boarding the dog just getting ready to head to Hilton Head.

• 1 month later...

Howdy dudes!! It's me it's me it's GE lmao!!!  Well, it has been very eventful lately. To start with I got really sick and with all the hard coughing I managed to give myself a double hernia yay!!

So, it's been hard working thru all of that before I could have surgery. So, last week I finally had surgery and all is good. I'm up and moving around pretty good. Just can't lift anything over 8 lbs as of yet. I got me a new house with plenty of acreage and I am in the process of putting up a new shop. I am also, in the process of gutting the new house and updating the wiring and plumbing along with changing  around the interior. So, all of that is being done by myself and my lil assistant or soon to be Mrs. GE lol !!  So, been a little busy lately. I don't start back to work for a couple of weeks yet. So, I've been going stir crazy and keeping busy at doing something as always.

Frosty - Yeah I talked with you prior to your trip and was unable to make it down that way due to getting the house.  Yup I gotcha more racing fuel hehe!!

Pro - looks like ya got things handled on the new vehicle. 

So how long you out for? You know Charleston is coming up in a few weeks (October 4-9). So any chance you able to make it up for it or do you have to get your butt back to work by then?

I've meaning to ask Pro about the brakes on the Sierra now that he is threw playing wizards in wonderland.

You are going to have to call me and explain the double hernia thing to me. You are going to have to explain it real slow and repeatedly since I will be laughing my ass off the entire time you are explaining it to me. :lol:

I'm sure that you will be laughing Frosty. Cause, stupid lil shit just happens to me for some dang reason:blink: So, instead of telling you multiple times. I'll just tell you the southern way if you'll be able to understand it. But, you just might seeing that you understand u-pper language LOL!!  Not sure on if I will be able to make it to charleston or not as of yet. Especially with the beast. I kind of got it tore down and the rear axle out, sheet metal is off the front. Kind of in the middle of a re-vamp of the car parts everywhere:lol:

Edited by Guitarsextreme
  • Like 1

No, I haven't done the  brakes yet, although I did inspect the rubber lines and none of them have a hernia. The pickup is sitting with a half tank of gas until the Harvey price hikes subside ... if they ever do. $1.439/l and still climbing.  The Malibu gets to limp along for yet another reprieve. Damn things got more lives than a cat.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Guitarsextreme said:

I'll just tell you the southern way if you'll be able to understand it. But, you just might - seeing that you understand u-pper language LOL!!  

It's spelled Yooper and pronounced "you - per".

Pro - perhaps if you wash the Malibu and the cat with a power washer - things could change. Cats don't like bathes, perhaps the Malibu doesn't either, and it will die of cleanliness. Food for thought.

I know what you mean about Harvey gas prices - we are up to $2.75/gal for regular unleaded here in Michigan currently (I had to get gas last night).

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:42 AM, Professur said:

Frikikin cat's yowelin' pretty fierce this morning. Damn flex pipe has rotted out ... again.

Time for the handy man's secret weapon? Duck tape?

Or is it C4?

30 minutes ago, Professur said:

I've got a spare flex piece from another project car that never got done to throw at it. Less than  2 years on this last one.

I vote for C4.

Yeah, because we can just buy that stuff at the local corner store up here. This isn't Detroit, y'know. You need to show ID just to buy sparklers for a birthday cake here.

Is it any easier to get in Ontario or New Brunswick? If not, come to Detroit then, you also pick up some car and truck parts cheap while you are here.

Heck some of GE's stump water technically qualifies as an accelerant.

Hell, that stuff qualifies as brake fluid ..  No, nobody up here sells decent high speed disassembly clay anymore. It's like pot .. if you want anything worth having, it's gotta be home grown. At least, that's what I'm told.

Maybe you need notallthere, GE, and I (and maybe SD) over for a "guys beer and pizza" weekend. Sure we shoot the crap out of your food budget, fart all over the place, make weird bodily noises, and generally be rude to the neighbors with our weird accents but at least we will get that sucker torn apart pretty damn quick. Not to mention that we make it look like you used C4 too.

On 9/14/2017 at 4:38 PM, Frosty said:

Maybe you need notallthere, GE, and I (and maybe SD) over for a "guys beer and pizza" weekend. Sure we shoot the crap out of your food budget, fart all over the place, make weird bodily noises, and generally be rude to the neighbors with our weird accents but at least we will get that sucker torn apart pretty damn quick. Not to mention that we make it look like you used C4 too.

We can make this happen Pro :lol:  Got tools will travel :lol: