Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

66 Grand Prix 8 lug conversion ?

Hi guys this is my first post, I look forward to learn from everyone here as well as share any knowledge I have as well. I'm Johnny I have a 66 Grand Prix I converted the front 8 lug drums to 5 lug disc that was a conversion kit I got from a parts yard from abother full sized pontiac , my question is I still have the 8 lug drums in the back and the rim size is smaller then my new front steel wheels ! I wanted to know can I just pull the hub off the tears and slap on a 5 lug drum and throw on some Steele wheels to get me by for now ? Or is there a finned rim that would match my rears I can throw over my 5 lug from discs! I would like to keep it looking original but if I can't so be it ! Any help is appreciated guys thank you so much !!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

http://billetwheeladapters.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAvKunBRCfsum9z6fu_5IBEiQAu4lg4o5dFeZngQdhnLEHJS4O4pIRoD59ZVE22AbJcfaD5DsaAn2c8P8HAQ

Check these guys, might get back to using your 8luggers in the front and keep the car correct. Have another member here working on his 8 lug project. They might be able to make what you need, ask if you don't see it on the list. Pass your info along and good luck with your project.

Hi guys this is my first post, I look forward to learn from everyone here as well as share any knowledge I have as well. I'm Johnny I have a 66 Grand Prix I converted the front 8 lug drums to 5 lug disc that was a conversion kit I got from a parts yard from abother full sized pontiac , my question is I still have the 8 lug drums in the back and the rim size is smaller then my new front steel wheels ! I wanted to know can I just pull the hub off the tears and slap on a 5 lug drum and throw on some Steele wheels to get me by for now ? Or is there a finned rim that would match my rears I can throw over my 5 lug from discs! I would like to keep it looking original but if I can't so be it ! Any help is appreciated guys thank you so much !!

So are you looking to convert the rears to a 5-lug drum or 5-lug disc brake set-up?

Are you looking to get the stock 8-lug look back even though you running 5-lugs? Did I miss anything?

Thank you justa6 I emailed me so I'll let you know when they get back ! Frosty I'm looking for whatever works if I could get the old school 8 lug to fit or retro fit to my 5 lug front disc that would be ideal to have the vintage look ! But if I have to swap the backs out to 5 lug drum I'll do that too ! But the only thing that confuses me is can I just get a 5 lug drum and slap it on ? Or do I have to change the whole rear set up I'd rather leave it drum in the rear but I'm open to suggestions I just wanna get all the rims matching and for it to set level

• 2 weeks later...

I read someone had an 8-lug front disc set-up for the big cars. I have to research this. Also, if you convert your rear to a 5-lug, you will probably have to switch out your axle shafts too. That can start to get really expensive. Let me do some looking around.

• 2 weeks later...

I am with JUSTA on this, I know I read somewhere that someone had an 8-lug disc conversion kit. The question is who, where, and how much. I know it won't be cheap. I have to look through some old magazines to find it.