Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Performance Parts

Hello, I have been searching the internet for some performance parts for the 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Base. I have been using it to street race for a few months but I think it is time for a upgrade. Every part I found was for the GXP. If anybody knows some good performance parts for racing please let me know what part it is and maybe a link if linking to outside sites are allowed.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

If you are using it for street racing this is not going to bode well with this forum.

Anyway there are a few that will specialize with the 60 degree V6.

I generally use Summit Racing and I have had good luck finding things from them for the ones that I have worked on. There are a couple guys in here that will chime in with better knowledge than I have.

• Founders

Please note that any stories, conversations or plans for illegal racing are not allowed here, will be deleted and you will receive a warning and/or banning depending on the offense.

With that in mind, there are many items you can do to a GP. There are a lot of members here with some nice GP's. Dalt will be along soon, I'm sure.

zzperformance.com you have the l26 engine, My reccomendation is go junkyard hunting and find a supercharger heads, and intake manifold and read about doing a topswap, Theirs plenty of write ups on these cars, if you want to stay N/a Then a HV3 and a downpipe and a tune will b your best bet, but at that point its cheaper to topswap for more gains

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pull the l26 and put in a l32 with an eaton m90 260 hp right off the bat. Iirc that hp is based on bhp not whp. Or get a tuned pcm from overkill a lot of people on gpona swear by them and I plan on it this spring. 3800performace.com is great.