Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Vandalism

So the other night we had a disaster occur. My 99 gtp and my gf's 04 gp gt were vandalized along with a couple other cars in our neighborhood. The story goes like this: we were leaving to go to the store around 8pm on the 10th, walking down from our house in the alley a guy is walking up, not suspicious just normal. Looks at me and goes "you guys have nice cars" I thanked him and he kept walking. We get in her g8 and pull up to the top of the alley and I see him standing beside our house side door, ok wtf is up with that???? We pull out and he turns and goes back around the house. I tell her to haul ass back there, so we go down the block and come back up the alley and he's standing behind my car. We roll in and he just stands and looks at us for like 15 seconds, then turns and casually walks up the alley. We pull up behind my car and the back window is blown out. I jump out and start screaming as he turns in front the house still walking casually, well a cop was a block over heard me yelling so made his way over, I call 911 and tell my gf FOLLOW HIM FIND HIM DONT LOSE HIM. We come out the alley and see he's across the street through a church lot, so we haul up there and tail him, he just keeps walking casually like no ones there, not a care in the world. I'm still on the phone the whole time, we follow him over to the next main street and a few blocks down he enters a Japanese restaurant. Right then a cop rolls up, I tell him the guys inside, we go in and he puts him on the floor screaming all kinds of crap, I walk out and four more cops go in, few mins later it took all of them to haul him out kicking and screaming and throw him in a cop car. He nails his head off the window and kicks the other door so they get him gone quick. We go back home with an officer to assess the damage. Mind you its snowing decently. All I see is the rear window damage, so he makes a report on that. Once he leaves I'm taping bags over my window, brush snow off the car and my right quarter is bashed in. I look around and found a 10lb garden stone in the alley taken from the neighbors house, call the officer back and send pics. Well just when I think it's over, yesterday the insurance adjuster came and saw that he tried taking out my passenger door window bc its gouged badly and there's damage to my trunk from the rock too. So I'm more pissed now. But then it gets even worse , the snow melts off her 04 and she finds that her right quarter and trunk have been hit by the same rock. So according to the local pd this guy lives a few blocks from us, has an EXTENSIVE history with the cops, and a MENTAL CONDITION!! And every single offense he's had involves alcohol and resisting arrest. And every day since it happened we find more and more adding to his list of offenses from that day. I hope he never gets outta jail.

post-2254-0-38497900-1418527949.jpeg

post-2254-0-01533800-1418527972.jpeg

post-2254-0-75762700-1418528011.jpeg

post-2254-0-11661800-1418528071.jpeg

post-2254-0-22515300-1418528275.jpeg

post-2254-0-67656700-1418528306.jpeg

post-2254-0-96670800-1418528322.jpeg

post-2254-0-15606000-1418528338.jpeg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Sorry man. That is one of the worst things for a gear head. Least you caught the guy. Doesn't sound like youll get anything out of him though :/ . Best of luck with insurance!

WOW, that sucks beyond words. Where's the cops choke hold when ya need it?? Has to be a LIL un-nerving to know when they cut him loose, he's only a couple blocks away.

After you get the restraining order issued on his ass, I would make sure I have a taser or two around the the house, just in case he shows up again.

Man, this really, really stinks. What can the D.A. do? Are they willing to prosecute this guy?

• Like 1

Idk what's gonna happen but literally every day since more things keep getting added to the case against him from that day alone so he's gonna get hit and hit hard. I'm working on a petition to have him removed from the area and possibly locked in a facility bc of his mental condition. He has a history so I know a lot of the neighborhood has something against him. In the meantime my baby is at my works body shop and I'm in a rental. Don't get me wrong I like the new ford fusion but I want my gtp back lol.

that really sucks. thats the main reason why im really happy to have a garage again. hope you and the rest of the neighborhood get rid of him.

Thats terrible man, how did you not beat him 6ft into the ground!? I am impressed with your restraint. Good thing you didn't though, would have been bad for you in the end i am sure! I hope if anything happens like that to our cars/truck.... I can be level headed. Good luck on the repairs, and getting that psycho far away from your neighborhood.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Thanks everyone for the support! As it stands now he is in a mental facility undergoing 90 days psych eval then definitely jail time bc of all the damages caused to all 5 vehicles. And I was told he rents so I know his landlord isn't gonna let him back after this. Meanwhile I'm still waiting on body shop lol they say day before Christmas but I'm hoping for at least before new years. Can't wait!!!!

Well that sounds like encouraging news on both fronts.

OK so this guy has a history of mental illness, so who was his keeper and why wasn't he supervised? Or was he (at the time) not deemed necessary to supervise? I am wondering if there is some sort of potential lawsuit here for negligence.