Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
  • Welcome to Forever Pontiac

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

If you've perused my pics on other posts then by now you've probably questioned my front bumper. For those who know Grand Prixs in one glance you can tell its not stock. Common question I'm asked is how did you mold in the SD lip? Haha no no that's not a molded SD lip, that's a full custom job, one of one, no one else ANYWHERE has it. It is 91 Camaro Z28 front lip vents integrated into the bumper using the same material as the bumper, I wanted something different, something unique, something I could say was my own idea, I think I achieved that and in my opinion it looks awesome. Side skirts and rear bumper will be getting the same treatment soon as well. So have a look and tell me what you all think! (First 2 pics are from when it was done in 2010)

post-2254-0-17361200-1417759786.jpeg

post-2254-0-75083800-1417759812.jpeg

post-2254-0-25020900-1417759861.jpeg

post-2254-0-62464000-1417759903.jpeg

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

looks great. like an OEM+.

Looks great! Definitely a fan of those little things that make the car look great.

Fantastic job. Looks good.

Nice job, very Foose like... subtle, and yet you're like "wait a minute, something's different here!"

:dancingpontiac:

• Like 1

Haha exactly! I wanted something custom but something that makes you double take like "wait, they never came like that..........did they????" I cant wait to get the sides and rear done to match.

I know what you mean. When I re-did the seats on my Lemans, I purchased exact reproduction white seat covers from Legendary Auto Interiors. They produce the exact color and grain for my '72 convertible. I had my upholsterer carefully take them apart and replace the stock white piping with blue piping that matches the exterior color of the car.

it is a subtle thing, but people notice it and often ask me did that come that way from the factory?

Great job on bumper.

• Like 1

Love the originality, the one and only Super Duty GP made since the 60's... ha ha.