Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Woodward Dream Cruise / Back to the Bricks

Frosty

This week is the beginning of the Back to the Bricks events in Flint Mi and Friday and Saturday is the Woodward Dream Cruise from Pontiac to Ferndale MI.

So this encompass somewhere around 40,000-100,000 cars between the two events and well over 2 million spectators. Who is going? Where are going to be? Post your stories and pictures right here.

Sadly, your ring leader can not participate this year. The family and I are leaving tomorrow morning for Hilton Head Island, SC for a week's vacation. For my wife to book this vacation starting this weekend out of the entire year is beyond words. So I will refrain from profanity and wish everyone that goes a great time.

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Gonna have a great time. Ms Notallthere is going to miss you. She says she will have to settle and talk to me.

That is it. The day before woodward I am never doing any car repairs again. Freakin simple change out swaybar bushings. 20 min I said. Three freakin hours later two drill bits, plasma cutter out and the damn thing is changed.

You guys gonna be there tomorrow? Watched a VIPER do a massive burnout, thinkin this guy is nuts...INSTANT ticket. They were headed the other way. Now on the news...the guy from Gas Monkee was the idiot and interviewed by local TV. Guess the law frowns on excessive tire smoke. LMAO....TOO FUNNY. Got a nice expensive ticket as a souveneer. Had an awesome day down there today.

The 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise is under way. 1st day was fantastic! Our local ABC station, will broadcast live from all the cities on the route, tomorrow. From 7-9pm. GREAT coverage of the event!! This year "the 20th Anniversary" will be highlighted nationwide. A shortened 1hr version will be played on syndicated stations all around the country over the next 3 weeks.

I spoke to JUSTA this morning before I left WV for SC and he told me about this. Seems Richard Rawlings, from Fast N' Loud fame, was given the keys to a Dodge Viper at the Woodward Dream Cruise...and did one of his classic burn outs....and promptly got ticketed for it!!! I hope this gets on the show.....LOL!!!! :lol2:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=777581968931806&set=vb.343470002343007&type=2&theater

BTW I got to see the Batmobile in South Charleston last night. It was clearly not the original...it looked too new.

The 20th anniversay Dream Cruise is in the books. Saw Notallthere for a couple mins but never made it down to say Hi to the MRS. Thankz for finding the link OH FROSTED one! I don't think this was the full story. The Viper I saw pulled out and laid down a purdy good burnout and shot across to the turnaround. I had no idea it was Richard, I don't think the lil blip of tire spin from the turnaround got him his souvenir ticket. :slap:

Oh Frosted one...Got your sign as I told ya. You were right, these are so heavy they could be used as car ramps!!! Don't know I would have spent 50.00, but it's your collection and the 20th anniversary would be a keeper.

Gto12079_zps30f48da4.jpg

It's crazy to have to resize, transfer to photobucket, then transfer each pic to a post here. Why can't we hit the photo icon and transfer from our own files like every other site I'm on? I have almost 500 pic from this weekend. So I will post a link to my Coolrides post to check out. There will be MANY more posted over the next couple days if anyone cares to check em out.

http://forums.coolridesonline.net/threads/4437-Add-your-Official-Dream-Cruise-Pic-s-N-stories

• Founders

It's crazy to have to resize, transfer to photobucket, then transfer each pic to a post here. Why can't we hit the photo icon and transfer from our own files like every other site I'm on?

Define "photo icon"? You can upload directly to the website but we are not a photo hosting website so we cannot handle 500 photos from every member so you are limited in space ;)

I'm actually in the process of helping the company that makes the forum software we use on a new version of the software. The upload system is dramatically better (just drag and drop your photo) and we also could purchase their "Gallery" app would provide an infrastructure to be almost like a "image hosting" service but still with some limitations. Unfortunately, it might another year till we can implement what is going on as the software hasn't been released and we will still need to wait on several 3rd party developers to upgrade their apps so we don't lose any functionality (like the garage, shoutbox, etc...). They do have the Gallery app though on the current version we're using so I could look into that.

When adding photo's to a post. If I click the add photo icon from the toolbar it only ask for a URL. I'm computer stupid.. but have no idea how to find a photo in my file and get the URL. I only know how to do it from the bucket. Most all my other sites when you add photo it gives you a choice of searching your files, choose your photo and then upload that photo. Most post thumbnails then when you click on it gives you large pic with option to hit next and view all in post, one at a time. It's still very time consuming, but MUCH easier. NO I will NOT be posting all of my pic's anywhere. I've noticed Frosty has somehow posted a whole file of pic's from his photobucket. Peeps here don't seem to post coverage of shows and rarely post but 1-2 pic's in a post. Most of the time it's not a problem to do it that way. Most of the guys I talk to have probs posting pic's in their own garage files on sites let alone in post. Easier you can make it, maybe the more we will get participation. JUSTA sayin...

• Founders

You have 2 options when it comes to adding a picture:

1. The icon in the toolbar is for adding images via a URL. You can do so from imgur, photobucket or another web hosted image or from a previously uploaded image here. Most hosting image websites will provide the URL OR you can right click on any image in a browser and click "Copy Image URL/Link" (terminology depends on the browser). Then paste this in. NOTE: THIS REQUIRES THE IMAGE TO ALREADY BE ON A SERVER ON THE INTERNET, NOT YOUR LOCAL COMPUTER. TO GET YOUR IMAGE/FILE ON A SERVER TO BE USED ON THE INTERNET YOU NEED TO USE A IMAGE HOSTING SERVICE OR SEE OPTION 2.

2. In the Advanced reply/full editor (at the bottom of a thread is the "quick reply" and next to it is "go advanced" you want to go advanced to upload) you can upload your images where it says "attach files." This is the route that you would probably more accustom to rather than copy/pasting URLs. NOTE: THIS ALLOWS YOU TO UPLOAD A FILE ON YOUR LOCAL COMPUTER TO OUR SERVERS SO IT CAN BE USED AND SEEN BY EVERYONE ON THE INTERNET.

I'll try and write up some more in-depth instructions on this and the garage but this approach is very common on every website.

Here is the full/advance reply screen:

post-1-0-78428900-1408299619_thumb.png

Ringo you asked for the reason for the vacation. Its a family vacation to Hilton Head, including both the mother and father-in-laws in our condo. My sister-in-law and her clan are down the road a bit. The reason for this week is because that is when the condo was available. Didn't matter if it was Woodward or Back to the Bricks or not. Hardly had the car out at all this summer due to all the baseball games I've been to for the kid.

First day on the beach and in the water today was great.....until I got stung by a jellyfish. Stung like a mutha' &*$#(&#@! Pictures will be available later.

Oh Frosted one...Got your sign as I told ya. You were right, these are so heavy they could be used as car ramps!!! Don't know I would have spent 50.00, but it's your collection and the 20th anniversary would be a keeper.

Gto12079_zps30f48da4.jpg

It's crazy to have to resize, transfer to photobucket, then transfer each pic to a post here. Why can't we hit the photo icon and transfer from our own files like every other site I'm on? I have almost 500 pic from this weekend. So I will post a link to my Coolrides post to check out. There will be MANY more posted over the next couple days if anyone cares to check em out.

http://forums.coolridesonline.net/threads/4437-Add-your-Official-Dream-Cruise-Pic-s-N-stories

Thanks buddy. I will get it from you soon enough. I will catch up with you by the Golling show or perhaps Sellars, if not sooner. I have one for every year I've been doing Woodward, I missed the first two years. So I have 18 years worth of them. I will probably stop once I hit 20 or 25 years. I will mail you a check once I get home from Hilton Head.

• 11 months later...

I talked to GE last night. He can't come to Woodward this year, seems that all vacations are being denied at work for that period of time. He's not happy about it.

I talked to GE last night. He can't come to Woodward this year, seems that all vacations are being denied at work for that period of time. He's not happy about it.

Missed the meeting last night bro.

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.