Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Gandhi's New Car!!!

Well I finally found a new ride, and it was between a GTP and an SSEi. I decided to go with a GTP.

It Is a 2004 GP GTP Comp G. I love everything about this car, even stock is freakin sweet. But I dont know if i care for the way she shifts, maybe just not used it.

My plans are to insall a CAI, Colder Thermostat, Colder Spark Plugs, and a 65mm Throtle Body. I kind of like the exhaust factory, but if anyone has any suggestions, I am always open to hearing them. I would like to paint the front motor mounts, the support bars, the heat wrap, plug wires, and cold air tube green possibly. I would also like to repaint the calipers green, but not sure yet on the color.

So to begin my prog thread here are a few Stock pics, enjoy, and please give ideas, shes a clean slate.

WP_20140724_006.jpg

WP_20140724_005.jpg

WP_20140724_003.jpg

WP_20140724_002.jpg

WP_20140724_001.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One owner, who was not a gear head,so took it to mechanic for everything and never beat on it. Only had 60000 miles at purchase.

I was planning on smaller pully. Any recommendations on size, i was thinking 3.4.

a 3.4 will require valvetrain mods and headers to be run safely, once you get headers you can possibly drop to a 3.6 aslong as you have a scangauge and a tune.

Ok so just so you know i was kidding about the lights! Ha ha. I would like to do a new exhaust with headers, but i cant seem to find any that work with my model. Ive looked on 3800performance, horsepowerfreaks, and carid. It will be a while before i put new exhaust on anyway. So if that's the case what size pully can i put on without having to mess with the pcm?

the most i would do is tint the lights i have now after i clean them, i like the lights that are on it.

Ok so just so you know i was kidding about the lights! Ha ha. I would like to do a new exhaust with headers, but i cant seem to find any that work with my model. Ive looked on 3800performance, horsepowerfreaks, and carid. It will be a while before i put new exhaust on anyway. So if that's the case what size pully can i put on without having to mess with the pcm?

the most i would do is tint the lights i have now after i clean them, i like the lights that are on it.

All Headers for 97-03 grand prix will work on 04+, i reccomend Speed daddy off ebay ( usually can get them for 200 shipped), With any pulley drop i recommend a tune because since your adding boost you need to let the computer know about it, Also These cars require 91+ octane Stock and running 87-89 will blow them up ( most people dont know this), Good sites for aftermarket parts for these cars are ZZPerformance, Intense racing

Sweet thanks i will check the sites out. Btw i was wanting to get it dyno tuned soon so i guess that would work fine then.

Sweet thanks i will check the sites out. Btw i was wanting to get it dyno tuned soon so i guess that would work fine then.

A dyno tune would be your best bet, but make sure they know 3800's, if you got anymore questions lmk, if you want to get a little bit of performance and be able to hear the supercharger whine, Then remove your airbox and but a cone filter on the end of the stock tubing, cold air intakes dont do much for these cars because the blower will heat the air anyway

Your paint is looking like mine. I'm about to do a correction on my paint to give it that factory shine again and get rid of those swirls. Thinking it might be a good idea for you to look into it as well.

Ok so here is what i bought so far. 3.4 pulley, gatorback supercharger belt, nkg plugs(one temp colder) mds street fire wires, 180* thermstat, and soon a CAI.

i cant seem to find any headers for her yet, and i have found a dynotune shop in mn called MAPerformance.

Ok so here is what i bought so far. 3.4 pulley, gatorback supercharger belt, nkg plugs(one temp colder) mds street fire wires, 180* thermstat, and soon a CAI.

i cant seem to find any headers for her yet, and i have found a dynotune shop in mn called MAPerformance.

I very highly recommend getting that pulley exchanged for a 3.6 unless you feel like replacing your motor, also dont touch the pulley until headers. other wise you will be looking or a new short block

Thanks for the link Dalton, hell even the price they are asking for is a good deal, and because i don't know and would like to what would really make the diff between a 3.4 and a 3.6 pulley on the engine. Why would .2 make that big of a prob on it?

Thanks for the link Dalton, hell even the price they are asking for is a good deal, and because i don't know and would like to what would really make the diff between a 3.4 and a 3.6 pulley on the engine. Why would .2 make that big of a prob on it?

that .2 is around 2-3 more psi, On my generation of 3.8s/c that would be fine with just headers and a intake and tune, but you have a bigger blower a 3.6 = a 3.4" on my engine, a 3.4 on yours = a 3.2 on mine, for a 3.2 to run safely you need valvetrain work or a intercooler, you need flow mods to get the air out of the engine before cramming more air in, if you were to put that 3.4 on your car without a IC or valvetrain mods, you would chip a few pistons. Headers alone will net you 10-15whp

Ok tuner pros, when i go to get my pcm tuned after i put the mods on, what do you guys suggest i have them do. I would like to raise my rev and speed limiters up a little, and tighten my transmissions shifting. Anything else specifically?