Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Official Movie Thread

Ghost

• Founders

I saw The Book of Eli the other night Im not sure if it was as good as I thought it would be or worse. lol I enjoyed it alot but could see where it was going the whole movie except for one or two turns at the end. I would say its a good story idea and worth watching.

Yea most of the previews looked interesting just a few select scenes looked weird and didn't thrill me too much to see yet. I might look into it.

I saw A-Team and Toy Story 3 both were excellent movies! I really recommend watching them both!!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Were you a fan and watcher of the A-team show long ago? Cuz I was a fan of the old show and hate when they hack up old classics.

• Founders

Were you a fan and watcher of the A-team show long ago? Cuz I was a fan of the old show and hate when they hack up old classics.

I caught a few episodes here and there, not really an frequent fan of it but my dad used to watch them all the time and we went as his fathers day present and he liked it a LOT! Coming from a man who hated a lot of movies out this day in age.

The movie really is a more how they became the A-Team, how they met, how they're wanted by the government, etc... etc.... Figure there's gonna be a sequel, covering probably some of the highlights of the series

my dad used to watch them all the time

I thought I would get that kind of response :lol2:

I see the adds on tv and im like thats not the A-team. From what I see they dont do the characters justice IMO but I have not seen it. I felt like that about the Dukes of Hazzard too but ended up likeing it anyways and some other movies.

• Founders

I thought I would get that kind of response :lol2:

I see the adds on tv and im like thats not the A-team. From what I see they dont do the characters justice IMO but I have not seen it. I felt like that about the Dukes of Hazzard too but ended up likeing it anyways and some other movies.

:lol2:

Yea I didn't think BA was portrayed right but everybody else seemed very good. Of course Liam Nelson is a bad ass so portrayed Smith perfectly.

I saw Toy Story 3 last night. After hearing how good it was from other people, I decided to see it myself. Had a date for the occasion too. Here's my review if you will:

In Toy Story 3, Andy is all grown up and moving away to college. The few remaining of the original group of toys face their mortality and an uncertain future; the attic, donation, or garbage. It's very easy to see the metaphor, and the metaphor is even made clear later on in the movie - the story is about the loss of childhood innocence and how a parent finds it difficult to let go - to the point of feeling useless and unwanted after so many years of being the center of their child's world.

Through a complicated chain of events, the toys end up at Sunnyside daycare, which at first seems to be heaven for a toy that just wants to be played with - then is soon revealed as a living hell when they're beaten and abused by the children, and told that there is no escape by a giant huggable bear voiced by Ned Beaty who makes it very clear that they are prisoners in his prison.

The rest of the movie follows the toys as they try to escape the daycare and return back to Andy, whom they learn did not want to throw them out or donate them after all (Mrs. Potato Head lost and eye and can still see through it - it's conveniently under a book shelf on Andy's floor and she sees him panicking when he can't find the box of toys he meant for the attic). Without giving too much away, the scenes leading up to the escape and the actual escape itself are incredibly fun.

It's just awesome how Pixar turned a normal daycare into the setting of a prison movie, using the playground equipment as guard towers, a solitary confinement chamber known as "the hole" (the sandbox), and many other brilliant touches that remind you of how you saw things as a kid when you were playing with your own toys.It all culminates in an incredible climax which is, without a doubt, one of the most powerful scenes in any movie I've ever seen. I'm not kidding, it was extremely emotional and even downright scary, but beautiful at the same time. If you've seen the movie i've no doubt you'll agree.Of course, being a Pixar movie, it can't end on a bad note, and the ending is tragically beautiful, but still perfect. Don't worry, that sentence didn't give anything away, I promise.The themes in this movie are quite dark. Abandonment, hopelessness and even death.. but it's also about undying love and loyalty, acceptance and moving on. The funny thing is, I can't think of any other type of movie that this story could be told in to this effect. A child's toys just seem like the perfect metaphor, really. You feel a lot of different emotions after the movie... you think about how your life is passing by so fast, you think about the things you've abandoned (people?) and about how you may be abandoned some day, all as part of life... I've never had a movie give me so much to think about, make me laugh so hard at actually quite clever humor, and truly almost bring me to tears before. And this is a freakin KIDS MOVIE.

Nah.. I think it's a movie made for adults, but designed so they can bring their kids out and have them entertained, too.

I recommend everyone to see it.

• 1 month later...

So I just got around to seeing The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus: A film from Heath Ledger and friends, (Heath Ledger's last movie) it was bitter sweet how the movie turned out. A very good movie.

• 2 months later...
  • Founders

Very excited for this! I saw the Dark Knight like 5 times in theaters and watch it probably once every 3 months (on DVD). Still one of the best movies I've seen.

The better half and I had seen the dark night in the drive in twice when it came out. I think of all of the current super hero movies this is the one series I am enjoying the most. Is it summer yet?

yeah Dark Knight was a great freaking movie.

lol Emo Superman. he can cut rist faster then a speeding bullet, He can jump off tall buildings in a singal bound.

• 3 weeks later...