Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Source Interlink Media files for bankruptcy-kills 12 magazines

In case you missed the announcement at the end of May, like I did, Source Interlink Media, the publisher of nearly 70 magazines has filed for bankruptcy. To that end, they have decided to terminate 12 automotive magazines. They are:

High Performance Pontiac

Popular Hot Rodding

Rod & Custom

Custom Classic Trucks

4 Wheel Drive & SUV

Mud Life

5.0 Mustang

Modified Mustangs & Fords

Camaro Performers

GM Hi-Tech

Import Tuner

Honda Tuning

Jalopnik is reporting how the company thinks they will direct readers to other titles.

http://jalopnik.com/heres-how-former-source-interlink-mags-are-reorganizing-1583470716

For us, the loss of both Pontiac Enthusiast and High Performance Pontiac magazines, means a loss of dedicated Pontiac related material. We will be encouraged to subscribe to other magazines that don't appeal to our brand niche anymore. In order to get our Pontiac "niche" fix, we will have to rely on POCI "Smoke Signals" or the GTOAA's "The Legend" publications, as well as various forums across the Internet.

As a long time subscriber to Popular Hot Rodding (it is only slightly younger than Hot Rod) and High Performance Pontiac, and a past subscriber to GM Hi-Tech, this is a bad news for me.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Yikes. High Performance Pontiac is a disappointing loss, they liked us :(

To be honest, I'm probably one of the contributing factors to magazine's demise as I do not have any subscriptions anymore, all my information is digital :(

That is clearly part of the overall publishing trend in this country - going digital and away from traditional publishing. Me - i still prefer a real newspaper or magazine in my hand. Some of the problem maybe that these magazines are too much of a niche to sustain, there is too much overlap with other titles, or they are not attracting enough advertisers or youth oriented readers. Hard to tell from the articles I've read online. It is still a dark day for Pontiac performance enthusiasts.

Smoke Signals is a members only mag tho! Uhg lol.

I'm 20 and I prefer a hard piece. I can't stand reading digital books and magazine, it surprisingly inconvenient for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I got an issue of Car Craft in the mail yesterday. Seems they will be fulfilling my paid subscription to High Performance Pontiac from The Enthusiast Network (TEN), which is the new name for Source Interlink. I've kinda liked Car Craft over the years, I've just never liked it enough to subscribe. I suspect my longer term magazine reading will need to be seriously re-evaluated in the coming months. I am going to miss both High Performance Pontiac and Popular Hot Rodding.

I've subscribed to PHR since 1979. So I will probably this that title the most since I was first hooked on it for their coverage of V8 Vegas back in the day. I loved their '57 Chevy Project X, of course. All the budget friendly project cars were great too. To me, that is what separated PHR from Hot Rod magazine. HR always did the mega builds that the average Joe could never afford. PHR did.