Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1970 Firebird Production Numbers

Go to solution Solved by stratman,

I have a Vary low mileage 1970 Formula 400. that has many options

And 7,708 were produced that year.

But how do i find out how many had the same options as my car?

post-2106-0-21504500-1404062949_thumb.jp

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

hello and welcome. nice car. and about your question, there are a few that can help you out with that once theyre back on.

• 7 months later...

I did get my information package from PHS.

And it shows the 25 options that are on this car.

But unfortunately i am no closer in figuring out how many cars in 1970 had all these options.

I don't imagine it's a high number?

Thanks for your help.

Call PHS back. Give them your VIN and ask them your question - how many cars were built with exactly the same options in 1970. Tell them you've already paid for the PHS documentation package, and you want to know how many others are like yours.

Statistically speaking, I would guess the number is zero or under 10 with the same exact options since you have so many options (25), especially given that you are starting out of with a low number production (7708) Formula Firebirds to begin with. Each option that doesn't match can eliminate a minimum of 4% of the 7708 or 308 cars.

• Like 1

I sent an email to PHS Asking for the breakdown of how many cars have the options my car has.

That I did not get it in the information package.

This is the response I got back.

Unfortunately Pontiac didn"t save break downs on things like options or color.

Hmmmm.....yes and no. Pontiac may not have kept track of things AM-FM radio with fade, I know they kept track of the larger options, like engine and transmission.

Jim Mattison, the owner of PHS lives here in Michigan. If I see him either at Autorama or at a car club meeting, I will ask him about it.

Thanks i do appreciate your help

Funny that you mention the stereo.

The AC was the most expensive option @ $375.99

But the Stereo is $239.09 and the 8 track $133.76 =372.85

I understand since the car was originally sold in Redwood City CA

That somebody would spend extra money on AC.

I don't imagine that many firebirds were sold with this stereo option at that price ?

• 3 years later...

Just an update I’ve been on many websites looking for information. 

And I haven’t found anything concrete but plenty of speculation that  my car it’s probably in the very low  production numbers around 100 or less. 

1 of 1 ?

It would be nice if PHS  could give a more detailed report. I recently saw a  Mustang Marty report.   That gives this  type of information  regarding options .

Thanks