Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RSS Behind the scenes of BMW's 'Drift Mob,' Part 1

Ringo64

• Founders

Filed under: Coupe, Performance, Etc., Marketing/Advertising, BMW, Luxury

2015-bmw-m235i-driftmob-628.jpg

Generally speaking, marketing and journalism don't mix, but every now and then, what goes into the marketing of a car - the 2015 BMW M235i, in this case - is worth documenting. In that spirit, we took BMW up on its offer to bring us behind the scenes of its upcoming "drift mob" video, starring five red M235i coupes frolicking around a traffic circle in a major world city (BMW has asked us to be coy about which one so as not to blow its cover before the shoot).

The five drivers can all be considered legends of modern-day drifting and stunt driving: Rhys Millen, Samuel Hübinette, Dai Yoshihara, Rich Rutherford and Conrad Grunewald.

As the only US media outlet in attendance, Autoblog plans to follow up with a full story on the experience once BMW polishes and releases the video in a month or so. In the meantime, check out our photos of this epic practice session we captured on our first day hanging with the crew, and be sure to watch this space for more behind-the-scenes action.

Behind the scenes of BMW's 'Drift Mob,' Part 1 originally appeared on Autoblog on Sat, 28 Jun 2014 10:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
autoblog?i=dn5t1O5p4YU:acPnN962ZAo:wF9xT autoblog?i=dn5t1O5p4YU:acPnN962ZAo:V_sGL
dn5t1O5p4YU

/>http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/dn5t1O5p4YU/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I thought that BMW got noticed by overly spray tanned girls, guys with brohawks, tapout shirts and stupid sized sunglasses were their advertising campaign.

• Founders

I thought that BMW got noticed by overly spray tanned girls, guys with brohawks, tapout shirts and stupid sized sunglasses were their advertising campaign.

Hard to tell these days... Think Audi drivers might be more toned to do those adverts.