Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Pontiac is #2 on Jalopnik's "Car brands that need to come back"

• Founders

10.) Oldsmobile

If there's some space for them on the market, GM should find it again. Pcleez.

The Oldest surviving American brand at its death: Oldsmobile. They built some badass cars back in the day. Stylish and technologically advanced (first automatic tranny!), yet affordable alternative to Chevy. That is, until GM turned them into terrible, boring, Chevy clones. And then murdered them.

9.) Alpine

While we realize Matra was way too crazy for this world, France deservers its own 911 fighter. Renaultsport knows how to make fast hatchbacks, but it's time for some rear-wheel drive action. With a manual.

8.) Saturn

Affordable compacts and fantastic customer service. Plastic fantastic. My X-type is too a real Jaguar:

Saturn, before GM ruined it and killed it. They made good, affordable, small cars with interesting features, but the kicker was the dealer experience. It was better than BMW, Mercedes or any other high end dealer and a hell of a lot better than Toyota or Honda.

Also they did not package their options, You want manual Window, Manual Locks and a power sunroof? Yes you can have that. You want a stripped out car with only AC and Cruise Control? Yes you can have that. They would build you the exact car you wanted. And when it showed up it had a nice note in the glove box.

It was the most customer friendly car buying and owning experience I have ever experienced.

7.) Studebaker

To be honest, I just want an Avanti. With a four-speed stick. Ehisforadam:8

I have a huge soft spot for Studebaker since I was born in South Bend and they had some truly wild and unique cars and ideas.

6.) DeTomaso

Putting an LS or a Ford Modular into a modern Italian chassis would rock the world so hard...

5.) AMC

Having only the Big Three is getting boring. JEM:

Oh hell yes.

America needs a good value brand with kitsch. Hell, that's got hipster sales success written all over it.

4.) Duesenberg

There's a lot of new money out there, but Cord or Packard won't do it. America needs a new Duesenberg against the German Bentleys and Rolls-Royces.

An über Cadillac in the name of American ultra-lux?

3.) Triumph

The marque is currently owned by BMW. Go figure! BiTurbo228 - Garagista has a few ideas:

Here's how the lineup would go:

-3-series fighting compact sports saloon (Dolomite successor)

-5-series fighting executive saloon (2000 successor)

-MX-5/Miata fighting small sports car (Spitfire successor)

-Z4 fighting sports car (TR successor)

-SL fighting GT (Stag successor)

Actually, if I was really going to try and resurrect Triumph I'd go down an entirely different route.

I'd start by making a tube-framed kit-car small sports car. Like a Caterham 7, but with sex appeal. Perhaps powered by the Triumph triple motorbike engine, or maybe a development of the old, manic K-series. Failing that, any suitably nutty I4 would work.

Make it light, easy to work and a bit of a mentalist to drive. Target market: Caterham and Morgan 3-wheeler buyers, and Triumph loyalists excited about the return of the marque.

If that pans out well, make a new TR. Same format, but bigger. I6 powered. Target market: slightly richer Triumph loyalists, people who would buy a TVR if they actually sold cars

If that pans out well too, approach Jaguar and see if they'd be interested in taking on Triumph as a sub-brand. If they're interested, start development on a RWD hatch (and hot hatch variant) to compete with the BMW 1-series.

Beyond that, a FWD supermini/city car would be good :)

2.) Pontiac

Can you imagine Burnt Reynolds or David Hasselhoff in a Buick? Exactly.

1.) Saab

What you see in the picture is the last Saab 9-5 Sedan ever built.

NEVER FORGET!

Full article: http://jalopnik.com/ten-car-brands-that-need-to-come-back-from-the-dead-1593126310?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Personally, I think 2 and 1 need to switch places, at least :)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!