Forums Gone... but not forgotten!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Sign in to follow this  
gandhi_2006

whats better for me?

Question

Ok so im looking for a new car and it has come down to 03 to 04 bonnie ssei or gp gtp. I want to start with a decent amount of power and add to it. But i also have 3 kids, and we do like to travel, to see concerts and what not. I am torn between these two and it is driving me nuts. Any info or suggestions, or what have you would be greatly appreciated.

14 answers to this question

is that V8 vs SC V6? or am i thinking of something different?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Both are 3.8l v6 supercharged. The gxp is a northstar v8

Well ive always wanted bonnie, i like the fact that it is roomy and powerful, but the gtp is sportier looking. The only diff between the two that i have found is the bonnie has more room and better suspension. I don't know details of the trans in either one. Which one is better, what problems if any, or if like the motor they are identical.

Bonneville, more room, longer wheel base, like driving the sofa down the road.

Does anyone know anything about the trans in these cars good bad and ugly.

As long as you are not dumping the extra ponies to them I have personally seen these transmissions go 200,000 miles plus.

Both utilize the 4T65 trans, some people will have no issues, others can't stand it.

In stock form, you should be okay.

Cold air, bigger throttle body with spacers, plugs, and performance exhaust is all i plan on adding for power enhancers. Nothing major.

Tune the trans and it will last you. I have a local that tunes 3800's and he has had multiples up into the 200k+ range shifting just fine.

Well i would like to take it to get dynoed. When its done and tune it.

I've always kept an eye out for a Bonne SSEI. I used to build them at Orion, here in Mich. E I E I OOOOOH.

all depends on what you want, bonnie is bigger and more comfy, GTP will be faster, and more sporty and funner to drive, the 4t65e-hd is a hit or miss, some last forever, and some crap out at 100k miles, the GTP has a bit more aftermarket support chassis wise, Both are great cars, just depends on what you want.

Well i guess now it comes down to mileage, price, and history. Thanks guys.