Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

D0M1NIX's G6 GXP

Hello!

I thought I'd post a little something here. I don't have many pics right now, but I'll take some throughout the weekend.

My car is a carbon black metallic 2008 G6 GXP sedan. I think it's been an excellent first car, but I'm thinking of trading it in within the next few years for either a 4G Eclipse GT or some sort of Subaru. It really depends on how much spare cash I have at the time.

Here's a preview pic for now:

5a9uba5a.jpg

And yes, that's my wonderful girlfriend in case anyone is wondering.

Leave a reply for any questions or comments.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founders

Nice GXP! Any mods to it?

Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near an Eclipse, don't have any first hand experience but I've never seen a late model in good shape.

Subie's are nice depending on what you get.

4G eclipses are terrible cars and should be avoided at all costs. In order to trade that for a good subaru, you'll need to save up a lot of cash.

Your car appears to be in good shape. Keep it looking clean.

Car looks good.

3rd gen Eclipses are the POSs. 4th gens aren't so bad, outside of their weight. They aren't very troublesome and have a decent aftermarket.

I will say this, nab yourself a 6G38 powered Eclipse with the manual. They're fun for what they are, most aren't abused.

I work at a Mitsubishi dealership. I know. ;)

Nice GXP! Any mods to it?

Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near an Eclipse, don't have any first hand experience but I've never seen a late model in good shape.

Subie's are nice depending on what you get.

There are some mods, but only two are performance-related, which is a CAI and intake resonator delete. I'll probably be getting a straight pipe exhaust in the near future. The rest are really visual mods.

Don't "straight pipe" it. It's a street car. With that said, the LY7 sounds boss with a Magnaflow setup.

It's a DOHC V6, they have a distinct sound to them, and the right exhaust setup can give them an almost exotic sound to it.

• Founders

Don't "straight pipe" it. It's a street car. With that said, the LY7 sounds boss with a Magnaflow setup.

It's a DOHC V6, they have a distinct sound to them, and the right exhaust setup can give them an almost exotic sound to it.

Yup. There is a video clip of Mark's old G6 with a Magaflow setup (suggested by Chaos), floating around here somewhere it sounds great. Straight pipes on a V6, eh not so much ;)

Yup. There is a video clip of Mark's old G6 with a Magaflow setup (suggested by Chaos), floating around here somewhere it sounds great. Straight pipes on a V6, eh not so much ;)

Whoa, whoa. Two different engines there Jimmy.

Mark had a G6GT. Had the LX9 or LZ4, I forget...but they have a WAY different sound than the LY7.

Plus, I recommended him the Flowmaster 80. ;)

4G eclipses are terrible cars and should be avoided at all costs. In order to trade that for a good subaru, you'll need to save up a lot of cash.

Your car appears to be in good shape. Keep it looking clean.

I love 4G Eclipses. People over at Club4G know how to make it a tits car.

Car looks good.

3rd gen Eclipses are the POSs. 4th gens aren't so bad, outside of their weight. They aren't very troublesome and have a decent aftermarket.

I will say this, nab yourself a 6G38 powered Eclipse with the manual. They're fun for what they are, most aren't abused.

I work at a Mitsubishi dealership. I know. ;)

That's the plan to get a GT with the 6G38 with the stock aero kit.

I plan on straight piping it because I like the sound; I've heard it. Cops in my area are awesome, so I won't have any problems.

Mark had a G6GT. Had the LX9 or LZ4, I forget...but they have a WAY different sound than the LY7.

I don't like the sound of a FM80 on my car.

Welcome!

Go sedan!

I personally see it as a down grade to go to any eclipse, Subi it depends.

I love Eclipses... LOVE them! I like both Eclipses and Subies, but like I said I'll see what's out there when it comes time and how much spare cash I have.

The LY7 has a similar sound to the likes of the VQ35, ESPECIALLY with the Magnaflow setups. The FM80 I'd never recommend for a DOHC V6, only the LX9, LZ4, LZ9 and LA1 60*V6 engines which are pushrod (OHV).

Plus, straight piping it...say bye bye to all your bottom end torque, the car would feel sluggish under hard acceleration in low RPMs. It's not boosted, back pressure is your friend. ;)

The LY7 has a similar sound to the likes of the VQ35, ESPECIALLY with the Magnaflow setups. The FM80 I'd never recommend for a DOHC V6, only the LX9, LZ4, LZ9 and LA1 60*V6 engines which are pushrod (OHV).

Plus, straight piping it...say bye bye to all your bottom end torque, the car would feel sluggish under hard acceleration in low RPMs. It's not boosted, back pressure is your friend. ;)

The whole back pressure thing is a myth. What takes bottom-end torque away is larger diameter pipe than stock.

I love 4G Eclipses. People over at Club4G know how to make it a tits car.

That's the plan to get a GT with the 6G38 with the stock aero kit.

I plan on straight piping it because I like the sound; I've heard it. Cops in my area are awesome, so I won't have any problems.

I have never seen a good looking 4G eclipse. Nor have I heard good sounding straight pipe that wasn't a V8 or turbo car.

• Founders

Huh, thought Mark had a GTP aka had the LY7... Who am I thinking of? My memory isn't as good as it used to be :(

Huh, thought Mark had a GTP aka had the LY7... Who am I thinking of? My memory isn't as good as it used to be :(

Mark had a GT. Erik had a red GTP coupe before getting his silver GTO.

GTPs came with the LZ9, the 3.9L OHV V6.

• Founders

Mark had a GT. Erik had a red GTP coupe before getting his silver GTO.

GTPs came with the LZ9, the 3.9L OHV V6.

Only in 2006 did the GTP come with an LZ9. In 2007, the GTP dropped the LZ9 (only the GT vert used it) and used the LY7 like the GXP. That I remember :lol: but yes, Erik had a 2006 so you are correct.

I personally would keep the pontiac over either one of those, but if you must sell a beautiful ride like that (and later wish you hadn't) go with the Subaru. Much better vehicles, and alot of mods.

Yes nothing like muscle!! I would love a gxp but couldn't afford the gas for a DD car. I drive an hour every day for work.

Muscle engines can get great mileage..... But they are too much fun to worry about mileage :)

I drive six miles a day going back and forth from the dealership to my apartment. (One mile each way, I go home for my lunch breaks :lol: )

FUEL LASTS ME ALMOST A MONTH. WHAT NOW.

I drive six miles a day going back and forth from the dealership to my apartment. (One mile each way, I go home for my lunch breaks :lol: )

FUEL LASTS ME ALMOST A MONTH. WHAT NOW.

damn Honda drivers think they are so cool!! Lol