Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Official Video Game Thread

Ghost

The only games I have for my newly aquired PS4 are Madden '16, Destiny: The Taken King, and SW: Battlefront. SW:BF is garbage, probably never going to play it. It came with my bundle, I just wanted the cool Darth Vader PS4 lol

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

6 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Losers have PS4s

Forgot to tell you that yours will be there on Tuesday.

• Founders
41 minutes ago, notallthere said:

Forgot to tell you that yours will be there on Tuesday.

Not sure if I should be angry he insulted me or happy to sell a ps4 on tuesday

I was predisposed to get a Playstation from the beginning, I grew up on the PSOne and PS2.

PS4 was my first return to console (Wii doesn't count) since I got my PS2 when it first came out in 2000 lol. I got it because I missed the days of just grabbing a controller and relaxing. Call me late to the party, but not having a corded controller is amazing hahah. I also got it for its media use. I can watch Youtube and Netflix on my TV

• Founders

I had a PS2, it wasn't bad just didn't wow me.

Welcome to the new generation, Mike. I just like console gaming because it's just more relaxing to me than PC (not to start that again). Also love the entertainment side of the Xbone. Stream anything and everything from my PC.

3 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

I just like console gaming because it's just more relaxing to me than PC (not to start that again). 

No I totally get that. Thats the exact reason why I got the PS4. I love PC gaming, its always my number one, but sometimes sitting at my desk hunched over at the screen gets tiresome and I don't have the will to play anything lol

couldnt you treat the pc as a console and use a controller, connect it to a large UHD tv and use a couch? or is that like against your religion or something?

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

couldnt you treat the pc as a console and use a controller, connect it to a large UHD tv and use a couch? or is that like against your religion or something?

Technically yes, but its stupid. The loss of function from using a controller (if the game you're playing even has controller support) isn't worth it. You just dumb down the usefulness of the computer. The only time I use my USB controller is if I'm playing something like a SNES or Playstation emulator.

Lets not even get started on the lack of precision and keybindings. You could never play a game like ArmA 3 without a mouse + keyboard. 

Also, if my computer is hooked up to a UHD TV infront of a couch how am I supposed to do work and research? It just needs to be at a desk. PCs for the most part are stations and less mobile than thier console counterparts. I can't just grab a box and a controller, stuff it in my bag, and go to a friends house (and I have taken my PC to friends houses, you gotta plan in advance lol)

3 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Psh, don't be talking crazy now, Ghost. The PC Masterrace cannot be seen to act as a console.

doh! sorry...youre right, youre right. havent been feeling like myself these past few days. (reason in a bit)

1 hour ago, havoc1482 said:

Technically yes, but its stupid. The loss of function from using a controller (if the game you're playing even has controller support) isn't worth it. You just dumb down the usefulness of the computer. The only time I use my USB controller is if I'm playing something like a SNES or Playstation emulator.

Lets not even get started on the lack of precision and keybindings. You could never play a game like ArmA 3 without a mouse + keyboard. 

Also, if my computer is hooked up to a UHD TV infront of a couch how am I supposed to do work and research? It just needs to be at a desk. PCs for the most part are stations and less mobile than thier console counterparts. I can't just grab a box and a controller, stuff it in my bag, and go to a friends house (and I have taken my PC to friends houses, you gotta plan in advance lol)

ah gotcha.

oh noez! whats going on here?

20151203_135234.thumb.jpg.9f5a13aa8a8c29