Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Official Video Game Thread

Ghost

i cant tonight. tomorrow night yes. also, get Mario Kart. and tell the people on your list to get it too. then everyone can join! even M and G8Girl. we will keep Mark out.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• 2 months later...

Want. Want nao. Who has a PS3 I can have?

• Founders

About 2-3 months ago, I was not excited about this game AT ALL, now over the past 2 weeks (after viewing video trailers and info) I honestly can say that I can hardly wait for it to come out! The COD series have always been my favorite but like most, I liked the games by Infinity Ward (The Modern Warfare Series) a lot better than the Treyarch games, although I do admit I had A LOT of fun with zombies on World at War. The reason I'm so excited for this game is the idea of some little things that will make the game better, the perks, the new multiplayer games and the single looks good as well.

I really like how games these days are going for the multiplayer because honestly that's where most of my time is spent with a game. I really like how Treyarch for this game has gotten whole new teams for the Single player and Multiplayer so hopefully that will really shine through the game!

I won't give away too much in case some people do like to be surprised but if you are not one of those people, look at the trailers they AWESOME!

• Founders

The wager matches look absolutely phenomenal

I know! My friend and I think it would be fun to do them together but I think that's going to either take the spot of "Free for All" or be like "Free for All" that you can't bring a party in because kids will be gay and team up on others.

um, im pretty sure that we have an official video game thread. but i will let it slide this once. :lol2: i will clean this up later.

• Founders

um, im pretty sure that we have an official video game thread. but i will let it slide this once. :P i will clean this up later.

COD > Other video games :D Deserves its own section :lol2:

Call of Duty-themed Jeep Wrangler coming from Chrysler

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/17/call-of...-from-chrysler/

Interesting! Wonder what the cost is :lol2:

Well they decided to make dedicated servers for this one, unlike the last failure they released. So we already pre-purchased a 18 slot for 10 bucks.

The game is also probably going to be $60 and an extra $10 for every map pack you want. Thanks a lot console fags.

To me, these games are becoming to much run and gun shooter. Every man for himself, no teamwork, and ridiculous perks that not only make no sense but give to much of an advantage over other players. It started with COD4 with perks like marty, and last stand...

I will most likely stick to my bad company 2. Realistic game play, and TRUE teamwork.

• Founders

Well they decided to make dedicated servers for this one, unlike the last failure they released. So we already pre-purchased a 18 slot for 10 bucks.

The game is also probably going to be $60 and an extra $10 for every map pack you want. Thanks a lot console fags.

To me, these games are becoming to much run and gun shooter. Every man for himself, no teamwork, and ridiculous perks that not only make no sense but give to much of an advantage over other players. It started with COD4 with perks like marty, and last stand...

I will most likely stick to my bad company 2. Realistic game play, and TRUE teamwork.

:D I only play console, I'm not a computer gaming guy. I rather a controller over a keyboard and less hacking of the game (even though its become ridiculous now-a-days cause infinity ward can't code)... My job is to work on computers all day and code (as well fix people's coding) so when I come home I just want to play something legit and right, as well not sit in front of a computer all day (even though I am on here pretty much whenever I'm not working :lol2: )

Anywho the thing that bugs me is not the perks, its the guns! In MW2 they are HIGHLY over-powered in some. I'm tired of modded controller fags just spraying with their m9 and USP pistols and only hitting me twice and I die while I shoot them in the head with whatever gun I'm using :lol2: Than this is my favorite, going to the other side of the spectrum, something you think would be majorly over-powered; shooting someone in the head with the Intervention with stopping power and FMJ on and they don't die.

I tried the Bad Company series but that just seems too fake, I don't know why I just don't like it.

Bad company 1 or 2? How does it seem fake? It is one of the most realistic shooters i have ever played. Other than the Project Reality mod for BF2.

I'm not suggesting this is the problem, but because of games like COD it gets you sucked into that style of play. Then when you are confronted with a game such as bad company 2 and it's completely different you feel lost. I've been told this by several of my friends who only stick to console COD and Halo.

The hacking situation isn't a big of a deal than you think. When someone does hack it's pretty obvious and they are banned over p-bans. There game hash and IP address is banned from any server running p-bans. Unlike console you can take a print screen of a persons screen to see if they have wallhacks on or an aimbot, for proof. On the other hand the ability to code and create new shit on PC helps when it comes to mods, and user created FREE downloads.

Not to argue what is better PC, or console. Only stating my opinion and some simple facts.

• Founders

I've played Bad Company 1 and 2, something about moving around in that game I just don't like. Maybe your right that I'm used to COD but I really do like the usage of movement in COD, just if they could code closer to your image variants so when you move behind a wall somebody can't shoot into the open obis where you were and kill you. :lol2:

Another thing in Bad Company is the sniper set up, I think the best thing ever in COD is you have to hold your breath for a straight shot. Even though I'm a sniper I really love that feature in COD. Then also you have to shoot someone like a million times like Halo in Bad Company with a sniper, that's not realistic. That's my only gripes with Bad Company

Another thing in Bad Company is the sniper set up, I think the best thing ever in COD is you have to hold your breath for a straight shot. Even though I'm a sniper I really love that feature in COD. Then also you have to shoot someone like a million times like Halo in Bad Company with a sniper, that's not realistic. That's my only gripes with Bad Company

50% correct.

BC2 bullets are affected by gravity

COD is not

BC2 bullets actually take a second to get to a target

COD is instant

M95 sniper rifle in BC2 ON HARDCORE mode is 1 hit kill.

Any sniper with a headshot is 1 hit kill.

The breath thing in COD may be a bit more real, but you still have scope movement in BC2 after you stop running.

Again like you said, COD has taught you that when you have a high powered rifle with a scope you are a "sniper". In bad company this is not the case, you are in a "recon" class. Your job is not JUST to camp in the shrubs high on a hill and kill people. You play more of a reconnaissance type role. To provide intel for your team, call mortar strikes, cover m-con stations, or plant C4.

The future of gaming for me, is games like bad company. One person never will carry a team like they do in COD.

• Founders

Yea most of that I agree to, in COD the bullet takes a second to get there but only on like long shots.

The thing about COD I like is that you can win if your a bunch of random people together but you can WIN BIG and have fun with your friends when you play as a team or have a really interesting game. I play a lot of Team Tactical and Search and Destroy, we actually take those games very tactically. For instances when I'm sniping with my friends I'm not just going for kills (or run around with a sniper and "quick scope" kids which has become all the rage of lately) I am telling my friends where people are, if there are claymores by, etc... It helps a lot in planting bombs, grabbing flags and everything.

Every game has their plus and minuses, god knows there would be a handful of things about COD I'd fix but it still is my favorite game and is a lot of fun still so it doesn't bother me much.

I agree. I'm willing to bet if MW2 had dedicated servers for PC i would be into it just as much as i am COD4 and all the previous games. And if you were to give enough time towards BC2 you would eventually like it as well.